The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Does it matter if abortion kills babies? > Comments

Does it matter if abortion kills babies? : Comments

By Graham Preston, published 10/5/2019

If a person were to stand outside Dr Portman’s abortion clinic with a sign saying, 'Abortion kills babies' they would be arrested and potentially fined.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 22
  11. 23
  12. 24
  13. All
John Ryan,

<<Well sorry to tell you assorted religious nutters who oppose abortion it really is none of your business. If the religious Ayatollahs want to impose their opinion on us stand for Parliament get a majority & do it. But otherwise mind your own bloody business if your (sic) silly enough to break the law you deserve what you get>>

I extend Christian love to you John. You seem to have some deep animosity against Christians who express their views on this forum.

Really, this is being intolerant towards those of a different faith to yours.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer was hanged by the Nazis near the end of World War 2 because of his resistance to the anti-Semitism of the Nazis.

He wrote: "Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”

He agreed with Scripture: "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves; ensure justice for those being crushed. Yes, speak up for the poor and helpless, and see that they get justice' (Proverbs 31:8-9).

I will continue to speak up for the human life in the womb and against murder by abortion. I choose not to be silent when the unborn cannot speak for themselves.
Posted by OzSpen, Friday, 10 May 2019 10:04:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
individual,

<<No-one aborts or rather kills babies after birth! Abortion is performed before a foetus becomes a born baby!>>

That's a red herring. Abortion, by definition, murders babies in the womb (yes, human life and biology demonstrate that).

Your philosophy of a "baby" being only outside of the womb when it is born cannot be supported by human biology. Do you want me to provide quotes from paediatricians who demonstrate medically that human life begins at conception?

Dr Micheline Matthews-Roth, research associate of Harvard University Medical School: “It is scientifically correct to say that an individual human life begins at conception.”

Professor Hymie Gordon, chairman of the Department of Medical Genetics at the Mayo Clinic (Rochester, Minnesota): “By all the criteria of modern molecular biology, life is present from the moment of conception.”

I have documented further evidence in my article: Abortion and Life: A Christian Perspective at: http://truthchallenge.one/blog/2011/11/01/abortion-and-life-a-christian-perspective/
Posted by OzSpen, Friday, 10 May 2019 10:21:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The fetus is alive, and the woman who carries the fetus is alive. Somehow I feel the life of an adult thinking human woman is worth more than the life of an embryo. From those who are against abortion I hear no concern for the pregnant woman. She is just a vessel, and it's all hail the embryo. Do you embryo-worshippers who would harass a woman going to an abortion clinic give a stuff about her at all?
Posted by david f, Friday, 10 May 2019 10:49:13 PM
Abortion is not a choice as much as it's an industry. Wake up to the numbers everyone. The amount of people who feel like they have no choice except to abort. This isn't a choice, with all the options laid out. It's fear giving a monopoly to abortion to being the only choice out of the situation the mothers are in.

If this is really the mother's choice, and nothing more, then give her the foundations of making the choice will all the options available. Let her talk to mothers who didn't abort, but we're in the same shoes the women considering it is in and they either raised the child or adopted him or her to someone else. Let this kind of situation be a crossroads so that women don't have to feel like they are alone when making these decisions and to gain the stories of those who have gone through it with heart ache or with joy.

Look at the truth, this industry is making money and using women at a vulnerable point in their lives to justify killing. And the numbers prove my point.
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Saturday, 11 May 2019 4:34:30 AM

Dear Graham (the author),

The remarks of the medical personnel and abortion practitioners you quoted in your article were exaggeratedly candid – no doubt for strong effect, i.e., in order to impress – because they are far from exact.

A baby is “a very young child” (OED) from the moment of birth. Before that, it is not a baby. It is a fetus, i.e., “an unborn human more than eight weeks after conception” (OED).

Nor can abortion be described in Australia, where it is legal, as “killing babies” or “murder”. It is simply “the deliberate termination of a human pregnancy” (OED).

It is eminently clear that the representatives of the medical profession deliberately employed shockingly repulsive language in order to dissuade all those who participated in the meeting (including yourself) from having anything to do with abortion.

That said, abortion is a very serious matter, not to be taken lightly. Like every operation, it involves risk and is a difficult decision to make. The circumstances leading up to the decision to abort are usually sad, painful and unpleasant, to say the least.

They can sometimes be quite dramatic, e.g., in the case of rape, incest, danger to the mother, malformation of the embryo, etc.

Raising and accompanying children is a lifetime commitment. Giving birth to an unwanted child is irresponsible, immoral and a contemptible act of cowardice. In my opinion, it is no better than having an abortion. It is even worse.

Provided the embryo or the fetus does not suffer and has no life of its own (incapable of living independently of its mother), I consider that abortion is an acceptable solution.

Functioning neurological structures necessary for pain sensations become operative at an age between 8 to 13.5 weeks after conception, i.e., 10 to 15.5 weeks’ gestational age. Physicians should inform women seeking abortions later than that, that the fetus feels pain and offer anaesthesia administered directly to the fetus.

The earliest known fetus survivors were born just under 20 weeks from fertilization (22 weeks' gestation).

Beyond that limit, an abortion becomes questionable.

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Saturday, 11 May 2019 7:58:35 AM

The U.S. has the worst rate of maternal deaths in the developed world, and 60 percent are preventable. The death of Lauren Bloomstein, a neonatal nurse, in the hospital where she worked illustrates a profound disparity: The health care system focuses on babies but often ignores their mothers.

Maternal mortality is rising in the U.S. It is currently stable in Australia …

http://www.propublica.org/article/die-in-childbirth-maternal-death-rate-health-care-system

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Saturday, 11 May 2019 8:40:24 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 22
  11. 23
  12. 24