The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Freedoms religious and social: an Australian stock-take > Comments

Freedoms religious and social: an Australian stock-take : Comments

By Andrew Cameron, published 10/5/2019

.... social hostilities have a habit of crystallising upward into the policies and laws that order our common life

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
I can confirm that some of my posts are robust and derogatory. Some of which lampoon the nutter and their flat earther belief systems, but I don't believe I've descended to personal abuse?

Something we'll leave to all you committed Christians and self-appointed moral judges. A belief in a creator is one thing and something I share as an inescapable conclusion. But nowhere in any belief system, does it allow self-appointed moral judges.

Nor should we ask of others what is or has been impossible for us, i.e., celibacy! Or spending the rest of your life living alone and unloved/Loveless. That's the one sure road to insanity!

Just because the creator made you different, then sent his alleged son, a known homosexual to teach you all just how you should deal with a difference! The last comment should rattle a few cages and the self-appointed self-righteous nutters who call them home?

And if the cap fits!? You'll have a nice day now y'hear.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Saturday, 11 May 2019 11:27:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Alan,

Still trying to untangle what you wrote. So you're a believer, but not a Christian ? That's your right, as is your right to express your views, not just on OLO but everywhere, as long as you're not inciting violence against drunkards, adulterers, thieves, etc. Oh, and homosexuals too.

Celibacy ? Why, if homosexuality is ruled out ? Sodomy is not the only outlet for sexual pleasure you know. Is that what you're saying ? And after all (correct me if I'm wrong) the bible doesn't specifically condemn bestiality ?

"Self-appointed" ? Folau is getting his cues from the Bible, which parliamentarians and wedding participants swear on. Even as an atheist, I'm not sure if that is some sort of crime. Nor, in my view, and with the greatest of respect, is suggesting that various categories of people might go to a hell, is any incitement to violence, merely an observation from Folau's analysis of what his book tells him. Which is his right, just as it is mine to assert that there is no such thing or place as hell or heaven either.

After all, he's not exhorting Christians to somehow drive various categories of people towards the gates of hell with pitchforks, is he ? Mind you, if there WAS a hell, and they gave out pitchforks, there are some people I'd happily use them on.

Wow, I didn't know that Jesus was supposed to be homosexual. What was God thinking ? What, because Jesus isn't supposed to have got married ? Neither did God, if you believe in one. Is God homosexual ? And if God is a Sodomite, I'd be a bit wary of getting into heaven for eternity :) Am I allowed to say that ? That's not a hate-crime ?

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Saturday, 11 May 2019 12:58:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thank you Loudmouth:

You just saved me the effort....

Dan.
Posted by diver dan, Saturday, 11 May 2019 2:25:43 PM
If Alan B, in denying that he has ever gone in for personal abuse, means that he has not abused individuals but has sledged, on masse, everyone with opinions he doesn't like, including Christianity, then I agree with him.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 11 May 2019 4:28:47 PM

Dear Andrew (the author),

Freedom of religion is a noble aspiration. Freedom of conscience, even more so.

Hopefully, the latter will become accessible to the rest of us, once those who have been born again have attained the former.

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Saturday, 11 May 2019 9:59:33 PM
Joe, sodomy has no appeal but quite frankly disgusts me and makes my skin crawl. More especially when practised by consenting heterosexual couples!

However, oral sex is different, more hygienic if not part of any routine that includes anal sex! Even where anal sex is practised as a contraception practice to avoid unwanted pregnancies?

Those I lampoon choose to be offended, by choosing if the cap fits option, which invariably ends such comparisons.

That said, if committed gay couples living together have no other option other than one of them choosing gender reassignment, then they should at least always wear a condom if only to practise basic hygiene, avoid both syphilis, HIV/AIDS, plus several other nasty STD's!

Yes, I do lampoon flat earthers, their religious equivalent and folks frankly further to the right than the Furher. Will continue to do so as politely as my unmitigated rage allows!

Because for a start, this area is a science free zone that clearly puts Mannon before any Christian belief system and a creator.

Would mindlessly condemn a world and future generations out of a greed is good idolatry! And try and dress it up as some sort of Christian philosophy.

Even conflate a situation and target some ethnic minority to force feed a war, to one, send shares in defence industries soaring and or two, be able to declare an emergency that allows the "elected" leader to declare a state of emergency, that then allows him or her to stay in power indefinitely and effectively become a literal dictator?

Even where that kills a full two-thirds of the world's populations be they saints, sinners or the innocent!

Note the massive military build up alongside Iran by US forces!

Finally, have been clinically dead on two occasions and returned after seeing both heaven and hell. Can attest that there is no place in heaven for those self-appointed moral judges who can only ever see the sty in the other eye and never the far larger one in their own eye! IF THE CAP FITS?

Youll have a nice day now y'hear.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Sunday, 12 May 2019 11:29:15 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy