The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Lethal bungling: Sri Lanka’s Easter bombings > Comments

Lethal bungling: Sri Lanka’s Easter bombings : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 24/4/2019

A country bathed in the blood of decades of communal violence continues to teeter before the next provocation, the next inflammatory message.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
It's appalling that there is so little comment about the massacre of innocent Christian men, women and children in Sri Lanka by Islamist fascists. In comparison, there were a number of threads on OLO about the massacre of innocent Muslim men, women and children by a White-supremacist fascist in Christchurch.

Fascists feed each other. In fact, they need each other. Both are pre-civilized, with the psychotic philosophy that if someone from group A kills someone from my group, B, then I can kill anybody from group A - man, woman or child, innocent or guilty of some offence, it doesn't matter. This is fascism, pure and simple: collective, or group guilt for the actions of someone assumed to be part of a group, whatever 'group' might mean.

If I believed in conspiracy theories of any sort, I would suspect that there were deranged people all around the world who believed in the End of Days, the Apocalypse, Armageddon, whatev, who were co-ordinating their fascist attacks, on a sort of tit-for-tat basis - Gramscian fascists bringing down bourgeois society on the "Left', god-knows-what fruit-cakes plotting to destroy all human societies on the Right and replace them with their gods' heaven-on-earth. Surely not.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Sunday, 28 April 2019 6:30:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Much easier to blame poor security than the obvious Islamic motivation for the massacres
Posted by runner, Monday, 29 April 2019 4:05:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy