The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Triggered > Comments

Triggered : Comments

By Verity Jackson, published 2/4/2019

We have police strike forces formed to establish criminality and perhaps lay charges, and yet at my sleepy suburban high school, years later, such abuses were still occurring.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
[Cont.]
Are girls going to blame boys for poor choices and naivety in adolescence;
- When they preferred and CHOSE to go off with the ex-teacher / older boy than with someone her own age anyway?

Maybe we should consider the possibility of the real truth of it all:
- If she was exploited, it was because she herself WANTED to be with him.

Don't claim victimhood and insult and blame all boys for where your own attractions lead you.

I've got bad news for you and your daughter.
Girls of today like to run off with older boys just as they always did;
And 26 year old boys of today like to exploit girls just the same today as they did when you were still young.

There will always be exploitation.
Raise your daughter wisely.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 2 April 2019 2:25:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Raise your daughter wisely.

Armchair Critic,
The way things are we'd better advise the kids of today not to consult their parents.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 2 April 2019 2:54:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This piece of sounding off would have been better left as a private 'dear diary' note for personal use only.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 2 April 2019 4:10:08 PM
A new victim is born. A New Democrat. Down with DonaldTrump. A new member of the club...me too...(but not me too)!
FM...is the demolishing of past history and its norms not over?
Haul down another statue of Captain Cook, and replace it with King Billy holding spear...ra ra etc.
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 2 April 2019 4:47:24 PM
Age of consent laws in the western world are bizarre.

In Spain it is 13 years old, in most of Eastern Europe 14, in France 15, and in most of the rest of western Europe, 16. In Queensland it used to be 17, which was a subject of some hilarity among teenage boys from my generation. But weirdest of them all is the USA. The age of consent in the USA is 18, with a "three year" rule tossed in to make it idiotic. That is, a 19 year old boy may have sex with a 16 year old girl, but if a 20 year old does it with a 16 year old, it is statutory rape." So too, a 20 year old male can have sex with a 17 year old girl, but a 21 year old boy gets 20 years in the nick.

Just to confuse everybody further, any man in "authority" over a female in many countries may not have sex with adult females who are junior to him in rank. A coach can't do it, even with an 18 year old woman he coaches. Neither can professors, drill sergeants, officers with non coms, and many other professions as well.

In addition, there is the little problem of male and female sexual mores. A male teacher who has sex with a female student is looked upon by most males as the lowest of the low. But if a female teacher has sex with a young male student, especially if she is very good looking, most males would say to the boy "you lucky little bugger." How female adults perceive male teachers having sex with female students is something I don't know, although it appears from the tone of this article, that this female writer was as blaze' about the whole encounter.

As for a male student being "damaged" by his sexual encounter with a female teacher, sorry, I just don't believe it. I would say that the boy had bragging rights among his mates for years afterwards.
Posted by LEGO, Tuesday, 2 April 2019 5:42:12 PM
"damaged" by his sexual encounter with a female teacher, sorry, I just don't believe it
Lego,
Well, he could be a gay Leftie !
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 2 April 2019 5:59:24 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy