The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Was the controversial picture of AFLW player Tayla Harris merely a celebration of her athleticism? > Comments

Was the controversial picture of AFLW player Tayla Harris merely a celebration of her athleticism? : Comments

By Brendan O'Reilly, published 29/3/2019

The media has been virtually unanimous in its commentary. The photo has been widely applauded, while criticisms of it on the net have been almost universally condemned.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
What gets me more than the photo is the name 'Tayla'. It doesn't get more boganesque than that. Perhaps she's paying back the parents for the name they burdened her with.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 29 March 2019 7:47:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Joe and Mahase,
I dissagree, I have watched a few games and the girls ball handling skills leave much to be desired. A bit surprising really as I understood that the top players came from basketball and netball teams.

However the girl in the picture did kick a beautiful goal from a long way out and that has to be admired. I applaud that.
Posted by HenryL, Friday, 29 March 2019 10:29:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
When I was a lad girls wore normal shorts and tee shirts at sporting events.

Today, driving past my local high school oval, the girls all seem to be running around in their underpants matched to skin tight tops.

Teenage girls were wearing mini skirts, but adolescent girls were expected to dress much more modestly. Today, even adolescent girls walk around in public in stretch black tights that look as if their naked bodies have been painted black.

Volleyball girls wear skin tight short shorts with one girl I saw wearing the words "our game is as tight as our lycra." on her rear end.

And lets not even go to the beach where 15 year old girls parade around in thong bikini bottoms and no bras at all. Makes a man feel old.

Dancers and cheerleader girls wearing short skirts delight in facing the audience and kicking up one leg above their heads to show the boys their charms. I have always considered such displays as mating dances.

Bottom line, girls. If you walk around near naked, especially if you kick up your legs, the boys will definitely notice and appreciate it. They may even comment on it in an ungentlemanly fashion like boys will always do. So, either wear more modest clothing, don't expose your private parts to the public, or save us the feigned outrage when you expose a little bit more than you intended.
Posted by LEGO, Saturday, 30 March 2019 6:51:55 AM
girls ball handling skills leave much to be desired.
HenryL,
I second that !
Posted by individual, Saturday, 30 March 2019 10:27:22 AM
Boy, I could be reading a discussion by the Taliban. Australia is a much better place for letting men and women pursue their dreams however silly such dreams might seem to some.

Lighten up and celebrate your freedom.
Posted by Fester, Saturday, 30 March 2019 10:43:17 AM
Fester: Joe:

Thanks for the more adult commentary and the grown-up maturity that enabled it!

Some of the patent perverts promulgating their pernicious commentary here, would get an automatic erection if they saw an exposed female ankle? Yet see the exposure as the problem and not their abnormal animalistic and mindless reaction to it?

Yes, I have exaggerated to make a salient point and unashamedly so!

These fatuous folk need to be forced, kicking and screaming to just have a good long hard look at themselves and their manifestly, medieval and highly inappropriate reactions/attitudes!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Saturday, 30 March 2019 11:41:11 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy