The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The Resurrection: History? Legend? Whatever > Comments

The Resurrection: History? Legend? Whatever : Comments

By Rowan Forster, published 6/2/2019

What is the line between factual account and mere myth? Between history and legend? Between fact and fabrication? Between the literal and the figurative?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Rowan, as I posted in a previous article by ‘Sells’,

“The resurrection, as described in the bible, relates to numerous earlier writings and oral traditions, which number in their hundreds if you wish to do a little research.

More importantly, the resurrection is an allegory, specifically relating to specific terrestrial and cosmic observations.

The act in question relates directly to the Solstice. Here is a pertinent snippet re the solstice from Wikipedia for the uninitiated, “The word solstice is derived from the Latin sol ("sun") and sistere ("to stand still"), because at the solstices, the Sun's declination appears to "stand still"; that is, the seasonal movement of the Sun's daily path (as seen from Earth) stops at a northern or southern limit before reversing direction”.

The reappearance of the skyward march occurs on the third day, i.e. the resurrection of the sun’s journey in reverse again.

I firmly believe this.

Additionally, I believe any reference to ‘God’ or ‘Gods’ relates to either the sun, planets and other cosmic bodies. I believe the bible is a mythical book, but with many facts written in which if interpreted properly show how ancient peoples, of various origins, interpreted the world in which they lived in.
Posted by Galen, Wednesday, 6 February 2019 12:55:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Perhaps, maybe, the contents of this site will bring some much needed Light to this topic. http://www.beezone.com/esoteric_christianity.htm

Keeping in mind the fact that the modern West does not have a living Esoteric Spiritual Tradition. Such has of course always been the case with the Protestant tradition, which is the "religion" of the spirit-killing left-brained word, the situation of which is described here:
http://www.adidam.org/teaching/gnosticon/universal-scientism

If you read the usual christian blather re the nature of what we are as human beings and of the World-Process altogether you will never ever get any sense that all of this is an open ended psycho-physical
Process.
Posted by Daffy Duck, Wednesday, 6 February 2019 5:45:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks Rowan. Peter Sellicks just repeats past heresies somehow thinking his denial of the resurrection will win friends among what Trump calls the swamp. Indeed the whole of the old and new testament points to the death, burial and resurrection. Just like the Jewish leaders of the day rejected what Christ said about Himself so does Peter. I suspect the many current day and past martyr's of the faith must treat the teachings of denialist with disdain. There is One Man who will judge us all and He certainly ain't dead. Hopefully many will humble themselves and receive mercy before that day.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 6 February 2019 6:02:06 PM
Rowan,

Thank you for this magnificent expose of Peter Sellick's postmodern interpretation of Jesus' resurrection.

You have directed us to the glaring holes in his argument such as, "This does not mean they are untrue and hence the stuff of fairy tales. Rather, they are essential stories that outline the character of God."

You have shown how Sellick's fictitious stories of the burial and resurrection face a Titanic iceberg theologically when compared with the biblical documents.

<<Yet Mr.Sellick insists "we must rid ourselves of the notion that truth only resides in fact". So where else does truth reside, apart from fact? In fable? In fairytale? In fabrication? In fraudulent falsehood? Furthermore, he says we must also rid ourselves of "the pernicious conclusion that unless the resurrection can be taken as an historical event of the flesh, then the Church must fall.">>

You have nailed it and I appreciate your careful eye on the consequences of Sellick's beliefs.

<<if Mr.Sellick is right, the supposedly infallible Word of God, the Bible, is riddled with fabrications, falsehoods, and figments of some lively imaginations. It is full of descriptions of "events" that never historically happened. It is full of fictitious fairy tales>>

I commend your splendid uncovering of the fictitious hoaxes promoted by Mr Sellick.
Posted by OzSpen, Thursday, 7 February 2019 7:53:27 AM
Galen,

<<More importantly, the resurrection is an allegory, specifically relating to specific terrestrial and cosmic observations.>>

Your post was riddled with your beliefs and suppositions and not with the facts of truth. I read your statements:

+ <<The resurrection, as described in the bible, relates to....>>

+ <<the resurrection is....>>

+ <<the resurrection is....>>

+ <<I firmly believe this.>>

+ <<Additionally, I believe....>>

These come out of your opinions, based on your presuppositions.

It's time for you to check out the objective historical facts in the Bible, relating to the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Posted by OzSpen, Thursday, 7 February 2019 8:04:29 AM
OzPen, it’s time you fact checked your beliefs in JC more than me.

My opinion stacks up more than yours as mine is based on hundreds of sources and observations from history including Egypt, Babylon and other ancient civilisations and their written histories.

Your belief is based on nothing but faith, hardly evidence of anything.

Nice try, try again.
Posted by Galen, Thursday, 7 February 2019 11:08:25 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy