The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Advice to those about to vote Labor for the first time > Comments

Advice to those about to vote Labor for the first time : Comments

By Peter Bowden, published 18/12/2018

The concern over Bill Shorten is a near-universal opinion throughout the country. It explains the reason behind the anomaly of Labor being the preferred political party yet Morrison the preferred Prime Minister.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Individual, I have to agree, that if it were not for the 'coalition', we would have been a Labour led country from the very beginning to this day.
The Libs on their own would never have won govt, NEVER!
These days however, I can't tell the difference any more, other than the pollies have become snivelling, self serving, prostitutes.
They have for many years been selling themselves to the highest bidder, and I am frustrated and angered that I cannot find the gun, because there is plenty of smoke.
I know it does not make political sense to vote for someone simply to punish the other side.
Apart from the obvious reasons why that's a NO-NO, it finally shows that Aussies are morons.
Now if we could get enough people to vote for the minors, we would, with any luck, end up with a hung govt or a minority govt.
Both would be a win for us.
Firstly it would immediately stop the making of these spurious and counter productive laws, which only end up punishing us, the good guys, and not the people (the criminals), their aimed at, according to the govt.
So don't be too quick to dismiss Hanson or Palmer and the other mavericks.
They could end up being our salvation and solution.
I believe it's worth a thought or two.
The mistakes they would make are through ignorance and lack of experience, unlike the current collection of pricks, greed, averace, conniving, stealing, defrauding, and the list goes on.
Don't you all think we have had enough BS and lies?
Or are the Aussies so bad that they don't care they are being had.
Surely not, no one could be so mentally and emotionally deficient or deranged.
Posted by ALTRAV, Saturday, 22 December 2018 11:56:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
individual,

Labor is not afraid to spend big on infrastructure, which is good for employers and employees.

What have the Libs done apart from privatising government assets, and outsourcing public sector jobs to shoddy third parties so they can't be held accountable?
Posted by esperence, Sunday, 23 December 2018 12:28:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ALTRAV,

20 million populace will do that to you. Over in Europe, hung parliament is the norm. Over here, it's Coles and Woolies vs Coles and Woolies, and so on, and so forth.
Posted by esperence, Sunday, 23 December 2018 1:08:19 AM
Labor is not afraid to spend big on infrastructure,
experience,
Such as ? Besides, I'm asking which Leftists are employers i.e. those who manage a business that gives workers a wage from the profits made, not just with money pulled out of the public funding trough.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 23 December 2018 7:35:37 AM
Individual,

Victoria is a good example of the success of Labor.
The Libs did nothing but cut services. You asked about
infrastructure? Labor is building roads, rail, schools,
hospitals, free TAFE, and much, much, more.

When the economy is running strong, the private sector
is growing its investment. Jobs are provided.

How's NSW and Sydney doing compared to Victoria and
Melbourne?
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 23 December 2018 1:17:47 PM
Foxy, I don't much care for any of the majors as you know, but I must put my oar in.
I do not see value in building infrastructure, or anything for that matter, if one does not have the money to do it.
I for one grew up with a mindset that, 'if you want something save up and pay cash'.
It appears that this current generation of the 'entitled' ones, do not care about responsible spending.
The public will never be satisfied, no matter what you do or don't do, so I believe it is much more responsible for the govt to get back in the black, before they start spending money they don't have.
As much as the morons love to bag the right, they still have not done better than good ole' Johny come lately, Howard, who from memory left the safe with about $40Billion, (I can't remember, it was so long ago).
Then along came labour and promptly had a party with, whatever the amount was.
I think that event alone is a perfect indictment of labour and it's failure as a govt.
It does not have the knowledge and experience needed to run a business, like Australia.
It is a moron who suggests that the company, (Australia) give all the profit to the workers (aka) the public, thereby leaving the business vulnerable to any negative market forces.
Australia is no different, we MUST keep surpluses so that we can do whatever we want, whenever we want, without beholding to outside controls from individuals who actually hold Australia to ransom, every time we have to borrow money from them.
A hint, the Reserve Bank is not a bank, but it is in fact a private company.
The World Bank and the IMF are the ones who lend money to countries, and guess what they are both owned by the Rothschilds.
Yeah, I know, well too bloody bad, until someone can debunk these 'facts', they stand as the latest word on this particular matter.
We should get back in the black asap then look at infrastructure spending.
Posted by ALTRAV, Sunday, 23 December 2018 4:24:45 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy