The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Oi Oi Oi > Comments

Oi Oi Oi : Comments

By Ian Nance, published 21/11/2018

Therefore, stone the flamin' crows, cobbers; be proud of your natural, traditional accent and intonation. Stick with it.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Australian female Country and Western singers who insist on emulating their American cousins when they are singing Australian songs
VK3AUU,
I know what you mean. I used to turn the radio/TV off whenever Reg Lindsay came. Years later i felt compelled to to the same when the whimsical/whining KC Chambers was on. Terrible they force such un-talented peoples' voices onto the ears of listeners.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 21 November 2018 1:37:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
And this is why we should all listen to TISM, the most Aussie of all the Aussie bands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNqDFZm6qjM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQShSBhzG40
Posted by Toni Lavis, Wednesday, 21 November 2018 7:05:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZV2eoULEqw
For a sobering change this is probably as australian as a song & story can get.
I don't suppose it gets played too often at city venues.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 21 November 2018 7:18:13 PM
When I lived in the USA I found the nasal twang of country (or hill-billy) singers unpleasant. I am disappointed to find Australians imitating it. Maybe Australia will come up with their own Donald Trump. If you wanted a shonky real estate dealer like Donald Trump you could have made Christopher Skase PM. There are better things in the USA to emulate. Unfortunately there are worse things, too, and they seem more attractive.
Posted by david f, Wednesday, 21 November 2018 7:27:36 PM
If you wanted a shonky real estate dealer like Donald Trump you could have made Christopher Skase PM.
david f,
If you want shonky you've got to go australian.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 22 November 2018 4:35:59 AM
david f,
I just spoke with a bloke who was good mates with Skase & he told me that Skase was manipulated by people & by the perverted tax system's requirements.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 24 November 2018 5:18:58 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy