The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The knowledge of good and evil > Comments

The knowledge of good and evil : Comments

By Peter Sellick, published 13/11/2018

'When their relationship with God was disturbed, their mutual relationship was also disturbed; everything that belongs together disintegrated...'

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All
(Continued)

The choice to eat the fruit of knowledge or turn from that sin in Adam's day continued on in Cain's day to choose God's direction and not be angry or jealous, or to kill his brother. It continues in Moses's day when God provided laws and rules for a nation to live by. And it continues today to listen to God's teachings and to follow Him, by believing and following Jesus.
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Thursday, 15 November 2018 4:28:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
david f.

<<The stories in the Bible are only evidence that some humans wrote down the fantasies or legends around at their time. Those stories are no more a historical record than the Buddhist Tripitaka, the Hindu Bhagavad Gita or the Muslim Koran.>>

What are your criteria to determine the accuracy and trustworthiness of any document from history?

How is it that a non-Christian publication such as the Huffington Post, can report the following:

"2,500 year old Babylonian tablets have been discovered in Iraq which provide a glimpse of Jewish life in Babylonian exile. Put simply, the tablets corroborate the Biblical tale....” of Ezekiel 1:1 and the Jewish return to Jerusalem (Nehemiah 6:15-16).

See: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/simcha-jacobovici/2500-year-old-jewish-tabl_b_6579996.html

What does the Huffing Post, a decidedly non-Christian paper, conclude? "This discovery is a remarkable confirmation of the historical reliability of the Biblical text'. It is not a david f. fantasy but reliable history.

This archaeological find and droves of others confirm the authenticity and reliability of Bible. You're too late to try to convince me of "the fantasies or legends" in the Bible.

See my article, "The Bible: fairy tale or history?"
at: http://spencer.gear.dyndns.org/2014/04/14/the-bible-fairy-tale-or-history/

<<The man-god Jesus was an attempt to make the newly invented religion acceptable to the world which had many human/divine figures. The Bible just is an expression of the superstition runner and you share. After my last breath I will breathe no more.>>

Your presuppositional bias against Jesus, the Bible and Christianity speaks. In your 'reasoning', I read no attempt to deal with the historical basis of Jesus' death, burial and resurrection. You have presented no evidence to defend or refute the Bible and 'superstitions' and no life after death.

However, we did get your opinions or assertions, which are not evidence.
Posted by OzSpen, Thursday, 15 November 2018 6:10:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To Jujutsu

Some random history...

*...WHY IS ‘THE BOOK OF ENOCH’
NOT IN OUR BIBLE
A historical council in A.D. 90, in Jamnia, fixed the canon of the Old Testament for the Jews. This followed the fall of Jerusalem in 70 A.D. The fall of Jerusalem had caused many Jews to repudiate much apocalyptic literature and return to the Law as the only source of guidance.

Quotations of "Enoch" in the "Testaments of the Patriarchs", and in the "Book of Jubilees" show that the "Book of Enoch" was considered as "inspired" in 200 B.C. Although Jude and Barnabus quote it in the first century as inspired, the Jews rejected it as part of their canon of scripture.

The early church oft quoted and referred to the "Book of Enoch."

Jude vv. 14-15
Barnabus 4:3, 16:15
Clement Alexander
Origen
Tertullian
Anatolus of Laodicea
Ireneas
Justin Martyr
all referred to the "Book of Enoch" as inspired.
Nearly all the writers of the New Testament show that they are familiar with"Enoch" and were favorably influenced with it.

Yet around the 4th century, after having been accepted for a few hundreds of years, the Catholic church removed"Enoch" and added some "apocryphal" books to the canon of Scripture for their church.

It was due to the efforts of Jerome and Augustine that the "Book of Enoch" was rejected. They objected to it because of the story of angels being promiscuous with earthly women, and thus producing a race of giants. To encourage the elimination of "Enoch", Jerome caused a vote to be taken to decide between the "Book of Enoch" and the "Book of Revelation." (This is like choosing between "Matthew" and "Luke.")

Thus, the "Book of Enoch" was omitted entirely. It gradually passed out of circulation, and later when the Protestant "reform" came, the book had been lost except in a few isolated areas...*

you will tick-off your own doubts about this ok.

But my research has led to the conclusion, contrary to your claim, Enoc was actually credited for
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 15 November 2018 7:34:16 AM
Then what exactly does Enoch change in the Biblical account and why is that significant?
Posted by nicknamenick, Thursday, 15 November 2018 8:45:03 AM
*...Then what exactly does Enoch change in the Biblical account and why is that significant?...*

Well nnn, that's for you to find out and me to know!
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 15 November 2018 12:57:58 PM
"All this and more, is the true Christian message of the war between good and evil, and the fall of man."_ The Right Reverend His Grace Daniel Diver LOL, ( peace be upon him) ( and all his angels , Aum).
I found out you don't know , by my vision with weeping and wailing.
Posted by nicknamenick, Thursday, 15 November 2018 2:56:30 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy