The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Why ISIS appears to be deadlier than the Taliban in Afghanistan > Comments

Why ISIS appears to be deadlier than the Taliban in Afghanistan : Comments

By Manoj Mishra, published 4/10/2018

Islamic State Khorasan Province (ISKP) poses a serious security threat to Afghan civilians — primarily minority communities and foreign nationals.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Afghanistan, a back-block country of uneducated hillbillies, WTF are we doing tangling up with this bunch of losers?
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 4 October 2018 9:26:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well, Diver. We could pull out and save a bunch of money and personal. And then let the Taliban and ISIS go head to head over the spoils of defeat?

As girls are ripped out of schools and women once again become mere bagatelle or property with absolutely no rights and families of rape babies?

That would probably sit well with you given your previous postings and "Christian" commentary?

Me, I believe we need to sort these inhuman monsters out for once and all time and clean them off the face of the planet. We should offer the minorities and foreigners safe haven as the essential first step.

Then deploy tactical nuclear weapons on Taliban and ISIS strongholds, to give them no safe haven or food production possibilities, let alone the poppy crops that to date have financed their murderous activities.

If that involves huge collateral damage, it will inform these BRAVE desert "warriors" that they can not hide behind women and children as a tactic. Or fight from inside hospitals and schools!

If this malignant cancer in the hide of humankind isn't completely excised. It could simply spread and spread until there is no safe place on earth for decent civilised human beings.

These folk/animals respect strength and despise weakness of lack of resolve. And must see none of the latter and everything of the former.

And expect no quarter until they give up/surrender unconditionally, then endure several decades of occupation and subsequent democratization.

Anything else or less, will see us having to engage and re-engage again and again, with far greater comparable losses and cost over time.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 4 October 2018 11:26:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
( Rouhani , Netanyahu , Trump , Putin and Xi start speed-dialling with viral SMS swamping military communication links).
Posted by nicknamenick, Thursday, 4 October 2018 12:35:00 PM
Al/NNN

your "Jesus complex" is on your sleeve again.
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 4 October 2018 1:00:46 PM
The sadest part of all this nonsense is that those innocent kids get badly hurt & traumatised & their future is guarateed to be just as bad when they grow up.
It's a merry go round of mayhem.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 4 October 2018 5:40:17 PM
innocent kids get badly hurt & traumatised.
Well then , a dozen nukes is a good idea then . Nuke the planet. If we don't who will , eh?
Posted by nicknamenick, Thursday, 4 October 2018 7:07:18 PM
Well, it’s a shame America didn’t the let Russia deal with the radical Muslims causing trouble in Afghanistan back in the late 1970s. America never asked what the radical Muslims in the shape of the Mujahideen were doing in Afghanistan , they’d never even heard of them. But they believed Russia was their enemy and so they took the side of the Mujahideen including a very young Osama Bin Laden who 20years later. attacked America on 9/11. This is because history is not taught properly or understood by Americans. Even now most Americans have no knowledge of the Muslim massacres in the Middle East in the 1800 ‘s or the Muslim slaughter and the enslavement of black Africans when they invaded Northern Africa.

America should have sat back and let Russia kick the majhadeen out of Afghanistan in 1979, so now they reap the fallout from their ignorance of history.
I trust Putins understanding of the Middle East and Syria more than the Americans, because he knows the history of the area. Americans and Western countries have no idea.
Also it was stated in this article, that Isis has regained recruits from disgruntled rebels in Syria. Well of course! After all Isis and the rebels are all Sunni Muslims.
Blood is thicker than water in times of war and conquest.
America was going to go in on the side of the Sunni rebels, but Russia stopped them by supporting Assaud. I think Putin understood far better than America, the tribal links between the Sunni Rebels and the Sunni Isis.
Posted by CHERFUL, Thursday, 4 October 2018 7:32:35 PM
CHERFUL.

forget ISIS. it has reformed as the formidable MS 13 gang in the West, and is on the warpath in a town near you! In spite of all the official denials, it is ISIS affiliated.

Do African youth gangs in Melbourne ring a bell?
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 4 October 2018 8:57:08 PM
diver dan, Yes, we can import radical African Muslims also.

Is Boko Haram a Muslim group? I think they swore allegiance to Isis when they first rose up in Syria.
Who's to say Africans coming in here aren't allied to these groups.
I believe some of the fighters in Sudan are Muslims too.

I haven't heard of the group you mention but I did write to my local paper a couple of years ago and
warned them there was a Islamist extremists threat in importing Africans as well as people from the middle East.
Of course they didn't publish it.

If what you are saying is true, then that is exactly what has happened.
Posted by CHERFUL, Friday, 5 October 2018 10:06:58 PM
I don't understand the purpose of this article? The author is just saying that ISIS is more crazy than the Taliban. Yup, I agree with that. But so what? They are both allied against anybody who is not Sunni Muslim, even though they occasionally have a shootout between themselves over territory.

The populations of Australia and Afghanistan are roughly equal in numbers. If the entire white population of Australia, and the entire population of Afghanistan simply swapped countries, in 100 years, Afghanistan would be a prosperous and peaceful society, and Australia would be a sheethole.

It's the religion, stupid. And maybe collective population IQ.

However much I applauded the US invasion of Afghanistan which put killed thousands of jihadis and put hundreds more in jail, you have to wonder whether staying there is worth it? The billions spent fighting the war is the only business that anyone in Afghanistan has going for them, and that includes ISIS and the Taliban. As the Emporor Tiberius said about the Germans "they are not worth civilising." US forces would do much better in Afghanistan simply shooting every mullah and Imam, and destroying every mosque. In Iran, of a population of 64 million, 3 million of them are bloody imam's, which gives you some idea of the vested interests of the Muslim clergy with advancing Islam by any means.

Islam is the enemy, and it is an idea. Ideas can be stopped by a better idea. That idea is western secular democracy. But so far, those leftist pseudo liberals who infest our universities are doing their best to convince the Muslims that western democracy is utterly disgusting, and of course the Muslim clergy agree. Not only that, our craven western politicians are even beginning to prosecute those who criticise Islam within their own countries. The bedrock of western democracy, freedom of speech, is under relentless attack.

Also, in order for democracy to work, the population must have some degree of collective intelligence and political sophistication. I don't think that such conditions exist, or will ever exist, in the Middle East or Africa
Posted by LEGO, Sunday, 7 October 2018 4:55:02 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy