The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The natural enemy: Serena Williams and the sporting umpire > Comments

The natural enemy: Serena Williams and the sporting umpire : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 12/9/2018

Should it matter this much? A wealthy, successful individual expressed fury at the most popular object of vitriol in any sport.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
I'm still waiting for Williams' self pedestalled Sainthood to come around. Saint Serena of the Rich Dummy-Spit Woman anyone?

The most sickening thing was when William fake-comforted Osaka when the crowd was booing Osaka. This was booing that Williams' own hippo-baby actions triggered.

Behold Stomping Serena http://images.indianexpress.com/2018/09/serena-cartoon-759.jpg
Posted by plantagenet, Wednesday, 12 September 2018 11:49:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Actually, Pete, later reports gleaned from the Audience, suggested strongly, they were booing Serena and the fake comfort she afforded Naomi

And while it is just a game like any other game, big prize money may be involved?

Moreover, the participating audience doesn't like cheats! Or dummy spit tantrums!

Unforced errors can cost the game, a purse and have many causes, like drugs or adrenalin, that stop kicking in due to overuse, overstimulation? Or being off your game due to the after-effects of various, recreational substances?

Time to end this sorry saga and Serena's singles career?

We've all shown our obvious prejudices! No names no pack drill!

Belabouring them won't make them clearer!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 12 September 2018 1:37:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The author of this article lost me when he couldn’t even gets his facts right about what happened.
From what he has written, he hasn’t even watched the match, so credibility zero.
I watched the match live, then watched replays several times to ensure my first impressions were correct.
I found it very telling that the commentators were preparing for Williams to explode after the second violation. They knew she has form and said she was going to go ballistic and she did.
It was the most self indulgent, self absorbed dummy spit I have seen in many years, surpassing even her shocking behaviour at the finals in 2009 and 2011.
Naturally it happened at a point in the match where she was losing, it always is with her, and naturally it was all about her. But when you bring your child into a tirade being watched by millions of people, you have definitely hit your use by date.
Serena has lost innumerable fans over this latest farce and she has ruined the image of what should have been a memorable career.
Posted by Big Nana, Wednesday, 12 September 2018 2:36:42 PM
The caractiture was immediately recognised by all and sundry as Ms. Williams, so the original charge of "racism' is utter nonsense.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 12 September 2018 3:37:34 PM
//I watched the match live, then watched replays several times//

Jesus... get a life.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Wednesday, 12 September 2018 6:04:51 PM
It is the author Binoy, who I chose to call Kampy von Bismarck*, who we should be criticising!

* here is Secret footage of Kampy von http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asNsLcbIiNs

But don't tell anybody!
Posted by plantagenet, Wednesday, 12 September 2018 6:44:38 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy