The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Waste not, water not > Comments

Waste not, water not : Comments

By Don Aitkin, published 14/8/2018

Why is the public broadcaster, of all entities, employing its diminishing coin in enjoining us to enter the war on waste as private soldiers?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Approximately 90% of all plastic in the oceans comes from just 10 rivers, none of which are in a western country.

Approximately 1% of all plastic in the oceans comes from the USA.

Approximately 1% of that 1% (0.01%) is plastic straws.

Australia's plastic waste is approximately 1/20th the size of the USA. So approximately 0.005% of all plastic in the oceans is Australian straws. At most.

Why are the eco-nazis trying to force us to do something (get rid of plastic straws) which is entirely useless. Because that's their job, their mission, their raison d'etre.

All the big pollution battles are long since resolved. But organisations devoted to fighting those battles never declare peace. There's never an end.

First they came for the plastic bags , and I did not speak out—
Because I used calico.
Then they came for the straws, and I did not speak out—
Because I drink my Solo like a man.
Then they came for my plastic 'doob tubes' (http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Garbage-from-Washington-state-s-booming-pot-13155835.php) and....well, who cares man!!
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 15 August 2018 4:08:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy