The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Forget the election - Zimbabwe will remain a basket case, and the West has a dilemma > Comments

Forget the election - Zimbabwe will remain a basket case, and the West has a dilemma : Comments

By Guy Hallowes, published 8/8/2018

In order to receive aid, Zimbabwe’s new president, Emmerson Mnangagwa, Mugabe’s ‘enforcer’, will try to persuade Western governments that he will reduce corruption and revive the agricultural sector. But nothing has changed.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
If nothing has changed? Including demonstrably rigged elections and suppression of dissent with lethal force!

Nothing should change including current west imposed sanctions! Which ought to be extended to also include all sport!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 8 August 2018 9:57:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Southern Rhodesia was yet another tragedy of the 20th century.
Zimbabwe continues along the same road.
A once beautiful, relatively prosperous and friendly country in ruins.
Posted by ateday, Wednesday, 8 August 2018 10:03:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
According to observers, ‘Magabeism’ will continue under the new regime. Not as many people killed by police this time, but same rotten party, same rotten people who are not fit to rule. It’s the same story in all African countries where the whites have been kicked out. The do-gooders can scream ‘racism’ as much as they like, but facts are facts. The successful country of Rhodesia has been reduced to a hell hole by the locals.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 8 August 2018 10:08:04 AM
Zimbabwe is being used as a role model for S Africa. The continent may likely be heading for its Götterdämmerung.
Posted by McCackie, Wednesday, 8 August 2018 11:14:03 AM
Six years ago I bought a car from a Zimbabwe farmer, returning to take up his farm when it was returned to him. After 10 happy years in Oz, he still felt the country of his birth was home. He left his wife & adult family here, running the successful business he had built, going alone to test the waters.

Two years ago he rang me wanting to know if I wanted to sell the car back to him, as he had returned permanently. He had decided it was never going to be safe enough for him to want his wife & kids back there.

He has rung a couple of times since, still trying to buy that car back, as it has some happy memories for him. He told me he is very happy he came back when he did, as things have been getting worse again in Zimbabwe since then.

I feel sorry for him, although he has a great life here. I had a great life in the Pacific islands, but the draw of "home" brought me back to Oz, where I knew starting again would be harder. As the song says, there's no place like home.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 8 August 2018 1:55:12 PM
At least some fool has not blamed gw for Zimbabwe's food woes.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 8 August 2018 2:04:30 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy