The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The changing Australian culture > Comments

The changing Australian culture : Comments

By Don Aitkin, published 3/8/2018

Yes, there are people who are battling on. There are people making squillions. There always were, and there always will be.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Cont: So applying all those illuminating examples, what could we do here in OZ to exceed them and given our quite massive mineral resources we could. Well, first we have to grow up and look at the problems rationally rather than like spoiled brats squabbling over a brand new Tonka truck in the sand pit. Then look at ideas on merit regardless of which side of the political spectrum they came from or who! And we really do need to understand, that a house divided against itself CANNOT STAND! Then use our own super to grow our economy and wealth base.

We need to prioritise and pragmatism.
Begining with a start toward nuclear power and power prices as low as 2 cents per KwH. Then use that power and modern deionisation dialysis desalination to droughtproof the joint and as part of a comprehensive thirty-year plan!

Including a start on an inland canal to bring permanent water to a dead heart. changing both our economy and our landscape! Pay for all of it with government guaranteed self-terminating, tax-free, thirty-year bonds.

And using cooperative capitalism that unites us as a people writing heir own destiny and economic prosperity, minus union interference or need or that of the carpetbagging foreign investor, who repays our hospitality by price gouging, avoiding or fair and equitable tax and by worst of all, repatriating profits.

WE DON'T AND NEVER EVER HAVE NEEDED, PROFIT DEMANDING MIDDLEMEN! Or the doubled cost of living or doing business, they bring to the table!

The final piece of this jigsaw puzzle is genuine and universally applicable tax reform!

For mine that has to be either a flat rate of unavoidable tax, free of any deduction or otherwise associated compliance costs.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Sunday, 5 August 2018 12:29:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"My Grandfather drove a horse and cart! And he was sure as the sun rises in the east there will always be Grandfathers driving horse and carts, always was always will be!"

Oh, so utter cluelessness is hereditary then.

" the rich are getting richer, while the poor get poorer"

Its one of those sayings that trips off the tongue and is said so often that it becomes a truism.

But it is completely untrue. The fact is that in Australia and most other developed nations , the rich have been getting richer AND the poor have been getting richer.
Posted by mhaze, Sunday, 5 August 2018 12:57:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Alan, I must correct you.
My response was not to brag.
It was to expound further on your comments.
I agree with all you say, except for the part where I must cede my wealth to others.
Instead of expecting the boss to lower his status you should be urging the 'average man' to raise his.
My wealth was not created because I under payed my workers.
I give the example of my business abroad.
When I started the company the workers were getting X amount (foreign currency).
When I sold I was paying DOUBLE, approx 2 years later.
So don't you put me in the same bracket as all these scumbags like the govt and their thieving mates.
My guys were happy and that was not because I wanted to screw more work out of them, but because they were good WORKERS!
Something you will very rarely find here in Australia by comparison.
So I'm one of the good guys.
If you knew my background and history, you would sympathise, not criticise me.
You can dream, that's your prerogative.
I on the other hand am a realist and if I say this country is crap I can give you a breakdown, section by section as to why.
But the over-riding factor that is at the root of all this, is the PEOPLE.
You can try to justify your wealth sharing agenda, but your wrong.
For your theory to work, you first and fore-mostly need people to WORK.
Aussies have long held this entitlement attitude and as I said have this 'I work to live' attitude instead of 'I live to work'.
You want to improve things here?
Well begin by getting rid of the politicians and the bludgers.
Then stop the people from living beyond their means.
And by all means adopt some of your foreign investment reforms.
Then and only then will you see some common sense prevail.
One major thing which contributes to our downfall again and again is, INFLATION!
I contend that little or no inflation is a saviour, no matter what the so-called experts say.
Posted by ALTRAV, Sunday, 5 August 2018 1:32:58 PM
Well begin by getting rid of the politicians and the bludgers.
Altrav,
I know many bureaucrats & general public servants who in all honesty are not worth half their salaries. To get rid of such people would only exacerbate the welfare programmes but why can't they be put on less pay until they actually produce revenue ? It isn't actually their fault that they get these jobs but surely, there must be some sort of watchdog for these bureaucrats who employ unemployables to cover their own inadequacies.
I wonder if the gerneal public has any clue how much Facebook is costing Governments just within their public service offices ?
We have inquiry after inquiry at massive cost but the public service is immune to accountability.
perhaps opposition parties should focus on that instead of where a politician was born.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 5 August 2018 4:32:25 PM
Individual, I can only agree with you.
I am frustrated at the sheer waste and corruption these scum-bags are inflicting on us, and I am helpless to do anything about it, and they know it.
They have designed the system so we have little or no recourse.
That's at the base of why I lash out at these creeps and want em' dead.
I have no way of doing anything, so maybe demonstrating my sentiments might give them cause for concern, especially with so many people fed up with them and being forced into doing, as so many say, 'something stupid'.
I keep thinking, with enough people talking like this, someone must take notice.
Even if they get a little concerned.
Especially with people disaffected with todays pollies and govt workers.
Posted by ALTRAV, Monday, 6 August 2018 2:02:27 AM
ALTRAV,
Perhaps getting sincere ALP/LNP/GREEN/ON etc. into forming a United Australia Party could work.
Base the workings on common/practical sense i.e. academic infiltration would need to be strictly monitored in order for it all to work. No practical contribution, no membership.
Posted by individual, Monday, 6 August 2018 8:08:38 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy