The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Why no one should be opting out of My Health Record (MyHR) > Comments

Why no one should be opting out of My Health Record (MyHR) : Comments

By Saeed Khan, published 25/7/2018

Don’t deny yourself an opportunity to own and control your health data.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All
There is nothing in this person's bio to suggest that he is qualified to advise anyone on this matter. I contacted my federal MP yesterday to find out how to opt out. I will be opting out today. This can be done online at 'myhealthrecord.gov.au'.

I not sure how this person 'opted in' as he claimed. There has been a trial, which apparently, has caused some of the people in the trial to decide not to have a bar of it. For the rest of us, we have to opt out or we will be automatically 'in', courtesy of Big Brother.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 25 July 2018 10:42:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Agree with and endorse the Article! Sometimes your own GP is kept out of the loop and to your sometimes, terminal/medical disadvantage? And the very best reason for not opting out!

As for security concerns, the sooner we all have an encrypted ID card that is required to access financial data, ours, the sooner any illegal transfer of your personal records for ID theft purposes, the better.

And with that, ring in a cashless economy and end tax fraud!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 25 July 2018 11:09:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It’s hard to feel secure and trust in this idea when there are so many uncertainties surrounding who will have access to our information.
This article from Adelaide today offers a whole new set of concerns- until there are guarantees and assurances over who can access and exactly what details are stored, I’ll be opting out for me and my family. https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/lifestyle/health/doctors-outraged-that-police-ato-can-access-my-health-record/news-story/92e2ecb06f3e2581ff101a6420c0c379
Posted by RG, Wednesday, 25 July 2018 2:18:27 PM
What it boiled down to for me was do I trust this Govt the answer to that is NO so I oped out
Posted by John Ryan, Wednesday, 25 July 2018 2:30:51 PM
The only reason I will not opt out, is that my health-record will always remain almost empty, except for some allergy information that I entered myself, including my allergy to medicare.

The way I assure that my health-record remains empty, is that I never give my medicare number to anyone as I pay for my health expenses myself. I do not condone the use of medicare, but anyone who does use it should opt out right now while they can.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 25 July 2018 5:43:53 PM
I am just naturally suspicious of anything the govt says or does.
I have no idea as to what to think about this MHR, and so it is because I don't know and I don't trust the govt, unless I decide otherwise I will not willingly go along with this MHR.
I must say though, I am a little confused, because to the best of my knowledge, I thought the govt already had this information through such things as hospital records and other medical means,which they could access at the touch of a button.
I was under the impression that the govt (tax dept) knew exactly what each of us was up to any time they chose to enquire.
So why this sudden move to having us do their dirty work for them;
Again!
Posted by ALTRAV, Saturday, 28 July 2018 9:14:55 AM
Do you want your health record connected to Google, "Social" media and financial records? They do.
So some spotty, spouty Greenie, LGTBXYZ activist medical decides they don't like you and decides you wont need (deserve) that PET scan? Hmmm.
Posted by McCackie, Wednesday, 8 August 2018 7:52:13 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy