The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The future of the EU in the wake of Trump’s betrayal > Comments

The future of the EU in the wake of Trump’s betrayal : Comments

By Alon Ben-Meir, published 23/7/2018

Trump has become a marionette manipulated by a master puppeteer, Putin.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Alon Ben Meir

Japan was at war with a plan it presented to the Japanese People called,
“The greater Asia Plan for the Prosperity of all of Asia”,
It was said to the people that Japan was going to take control of Asia for the benefit of all of Asia. This was the propaganda sold to the Japanese people,. Japan however was more interested in invading and taking Asia, for the prosperity of Japan.

So in the late 1930s, before world war 2;began the Japanese had invaded China to seize the wealthy Manchuria Gold Mine and the Manchuria railline which allowed the transferring of the gold to Japan. They killed millions of Chinese people in the process, as many as Hitler killed and more, it is very seldom ever taught in western schools though, they prefer to only focus on Hitler.

The Americans appalled, by the slaughter, tried to stop the Japanese by refusing to sell them anymore fuel for their tanks and war machines.

This is why America is blamed for Japan attacking Australia, the left wing back then twisted the story, to make America the villain and Japan the innocent party, even refusing to load Australian ships taking supplies to our soldiers up in the islands fighting the Japanese.
The same way the left today doesn’t let the truth get in the way of their anti American ideaology.

I think based on Japan’s “expansionist Greater Asia plan,” Australia would always have been a tempting target for them to invade.
When you blame America for Japanese aggression you are showing you don’t know the history.
And following your theory about best friends like the EU not paying, I suppose then you are happy to pay the bills for all your friends.

It’s just baseless anti American nonsense, I notice you are still happpy and say they should keep on giving what was it. $3billion in aid to Africa.
Posted by CHERFUL, Tuesday, 24 July 2018 8:38:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'The Americans appalled, by the slaughter'..... give me a break?
Wot! obviously they've been desensitized since, with the aimless killing of the Palestinians and their ongoing veto vote at the UN....blood not red enough?.
What happened to the mighty US military machine in Korea that dragged in half the world into a futile war...commanded by the Yanks and VietNam....another fiasco for the rubber the French were quite happy to leave. They had to pick Grenada to attempt to garner a 'win' to save face. Iraq was a walk in the park only because the Iraqis thought they were going to be better off....big mistake for them, and still ongoing, just as Afghanistan was a precursor to Iraq with bin Laden being the fake reason for military incursion. Libya, another example of stupidity along with the current support for the military regime in Egypt.
This is about business...US business is selling death and some of the EU countries such as France and UK are not above wanting to share in the distribution of misery.
The Chinese are like mother Teresa in comparison, so spare me the prattle.
Reality says the Yanks have never scored well although they did manage to drop a couple of nuclear bombs on two non military, and the only Catholic cities in Japan. Now that was a heart stoppa!
But hey! don't let me stop you from asking the Yanks or Trump where on their posterior they would like to place your lips while Trump's soninlaw Kushner and buddy Greenblatt, are doing a real estate evaluation of the Palestinian territories.
Posted by Special Delivery, Tuesday, 24 July 2018 9:57:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Special Delivery

In support of yours and my arguments here's what two major strategic thinkers via the CONSERVATIVE Australian Strategic Policy Institute (ASPI) comment today http://www.defenceconnect.com.au/key-enablers/2618-us-instability-means-time-for-australian-plan-b-says-think-tank :

"US instability means time for Australian Plan B, says think tank"

"Two key policy leaders with the Australian Strategic Policy Institute (ASPI) have identified the growing need for Australian defence policy planners and the supporting industry to embrace a strategic Plan B in the face of continuing US uncertainty towards the alliance and global rules-based order.

Both Peter Jennings and Paul Dibb are quick to highlight the growing uncertainty stemming from the increasingly erratic nature of the US President Donald Trump.

The bizzare Twitter wars, increasing trade disputes with China and the European Union, growing fondness of Russian strongman Vladimir Putin and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, combined with Trump's chastising of NATO allies for not pulling their financial and strategic weight in the face of increasing Russian aggression and mounting assertiveness by China in south-east Asia are all serving to unnerve Australian strategic thinkers who have, for the better part of half a century, encouraged dependence on the US and its capability to 'reach out and touch' potential threats to Australia's interests

For Jennings, this developing situation raises a particularly important question: "What's the plan for Australia's defence, if it turns out that Trump's America First approach is here to stay and alliances fall into mistrustful neglect?..."
Posted by plantagenet, Wednesday, 25 July 2018 11:11:16 AM
Well Special D,

After having your original historically ignorant and outlandish claims discredited you, without the slightest attempt at defending these claims, simply move on to more historically ignorant and outlandish claims.

Its hardly worth showing how bad these claims are since you aren't up to defending them anyway. So I'll just point out their rubbish..again.

Hilariously plantagenet thinks he can support his previous historically erroneous claims by making claims about the future. Do I need to explain why faulty claims about the past aren't
validated by speculative claims about the future.
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 25 July 2018 2:14:04 PM
Plantagenet,

'Australian Plan B' is add a few more football matches to the the already overblown calendar so that that the public can avoid thinking about what the govt is not doing, whether it be Liberal or Labour.
Leaders with pallonies don't exist in Australia, just the usual faces, waiting their turn at the trough, making the usual noises which amount to the usual low grade performance of smoke and mirrors.
The Romans were right, give the masses entertainment so they can forget their lot, only in this case it's pseudo warriors in conflict for the masses to indulge the fantasies of spectators.
Worry not, at this rate the Christians and Lions are not far off.
Australians, as regards to Australian politics, have no intention of changing anything. They are not instigators or idealists....just followers of yassa yassa massah.
We could learn something about gumption from the indigenous, instead of seeing how far we can stretch our lips.
Show me your friends and I'll tell you who you are, is as true today as yesterday and our vote at the UN on the Palestinian question made Australia a sycophant extraordinaire in the eyes of the world.
Even the Yanks were shocked, but then I guess Turnbull has to make sure they'd let him back into his apartment in New York
Posted by Special Delivery, Wednesday, 25 July 2018 2:18:41 PM
Haze, you're full of it, you actually think that if you say so it's true.
Talk about delusional, try reading a little economic history behind the political prattle of the victor of the times.
All you do is yap yap on selective nothings which neither enlighten or enhance the truth of the matter.
Carthage lives on, in the fools of the day who have nothing better than to prance around like a Jingo, trying to claim any high road that isn't occupied.
The only thing speculative is your poor performance in trying to profess knowledge that has any substance, like I said, yap! yap!to the clap trap.
Posted by Special Delivery, Wednesday, 25 July 2018 2:32:28 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy