The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > I have a dream... > Comments

I have a dream... : Comments

By Russell Grenning, published 13/7/2018

UCLA's brother/sister campus, the University of California, Berkley, already not only has segregated housing for black students but for other racial minorities such as Asians and Hispanics.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
I see that 'eugenics' is alive and well in yankee-land (and perhaps in skippy country as well).
Posted by deadly, Monday, 16 July 2018 10:20:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Good Morning Bazz,

Segregation or Sanctuary?

I guess it all depends from which perspective
you look at things. We lived in the US for
close to ten years and saw the problems that
minorities encountered. I also worked in a University
in Los Angeles and got to see what went on,
on campus. Anyway, here's a link
that may be of interest:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/earl-ofari-hutchinson/are-separate-dorms-a-good_b_11912864.html
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 16 July 2018 11:58:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dearest Foxy,

And look a bit deeper and you'll see that there isn't really much difference -one is self-induced segregation in the fact e of what seems too big a task to integrate - and the other vile option is forced on people who are too disorganised and politically weak to resist. Each fosters racism and is a form of submission by the less powerful to the wishes of the more powerful. I'll never support anything that goes down this track - I had misgivings back in the seventies when they set up separate Indigenous Medical and Legal Services, I thought that was a mistake: require standard services to provide proper caffe to everybody, I thought. But what did i know ?

So Blacks in the US and Indigenous people here are supposed to do it all over again ? Do we all have to learn everything all over again every fifty years ? Mind you, the Indigenous Industry has certainly gone down this path, with their eyes on total control of a captive Indigenous population, just as Bantustan administrations, in the Transkei, Ciskei, KwaZulu, BaVenda, Bophuthatsana, in South Africa had nominally total control over their particular captive African populations. And how did that turn out ? What legacy has it left ? Dumb dumb dumb.

Love,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Monday, 16 July 2018 2:12:33 PM
Dear Joe (Loudmouth),

If you say so.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 16 July 2018 2:15:32 PM
More proof, if ever we needed it, that Yanks are all crazy.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Monday, 16 July 2018 2:28:04 PM
Surely not all white Australians are stupid ?
Posted by individual, Monday, 16 July 2018 6:32:12 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy