The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > We all have the right to protect ourselves from harm > Comments

We all have the right to protect ourselves from harm : Comments

By David Leyonhjelm, published 2/7/2018

Australia’s ban on practical non-lethal means of defence such as pepper sprays, mace and personal tasers sets us apart from most other countries in the world.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
ET, I disagree completely with your premise that 'most people' reject the use of weapons for self defense.
It does not do your stance well at all with such broad statements.
Be careful you have just joined the Sarah two dads camp.
I may seem pedantic but I am challenging you outright on your statement.
I am not part of this group you use to attempt to make your point.
The law is a useless entity.
It exists for it's own sake not for the community.
They are point scoreres.
There was the story of a woman who found an intruder in her house.
Not sure of the details whether she was in mortal danger or not.
Upon calling 911 she was told the police would attend as soon as a car was available.
She hung up very pissed off.
Then she had an idea.
She rang back and said, it's OK I've just shot him he's dead so no need to rush.
Within just a few minutes police cars, sirens blaring, came screaming to a halt outside her house.
They got the scumbag.
No, you can forget the law I have.
I don't want to be the one dead and the scum run off never to be caught just to do it again and again.
No I want the right to be safe and free of having to cross the road when a group of garbage comes towards me on the same footpath.
If I have to die at least it won't be a waste or in vain.
I hopefully left one of them critical or worse.
Posted by ALTRAV, Sunday, 15 July 2018 6:59:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Here's just one of many:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbzeDxepasQ

and a pdf.

http://www.nycsteampunk.com/bartitsu/manuals/TheWalkingStickMethodOfSelfDefence1923.pdf
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 15 July 2018 8:27:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Issy, interesting video.
I think it might work well for a young, fit man such as he.
Now in my case, I would be lucky to lift the CANE, let alone do anything with it.
The secret to anything involving physical effort is fitness.
Unfortunately in my case I am well endowed with fatness.
No sane mature person would deny the elderly and physically impaired the right to have an edge on any assailant.
No the older I get the more I worry about this very fact.
Only two weeks ago, my brothers house was compromised by three scumbags at around two in the morning, while they slept and his two daughters were still awake.
Luckily they never came out of their rooms while they were rifling through the house.
That terrifies me.
More and more we are seeing scumbags taking control, both black and white.
I don't care who they are, I want them dead.
Just think if the elderly were allowed to carry concealed weapons, the scumbags will avoid you because they don't know if your 'carrying' or not and they can be stopped before they get anywhere near you.
If they are so arrogant as to gamble with their life then so be it.
They lose.
The beauty of my proposal is, just think how many people would have been spared, going forward, by the death of these bastards.
I say bastards because most of them are.
Posted by ALTRAV, Sunday, 15 July 2018 10:33:17 PM
Altrav,

Don't sell yourself short, dexterity with the brolly can be useful at any age.

Study the pdf and look further on the net.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 16 July 2018 7:22:59 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy