The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Understanding Donald Trump > Comments

Understanding Donald Trump : Comments

By Don Aitkin, published 22/6/2018

He is not a politician, and has never served in any elected role. So he didn't come to office with a well-developed sense of what you do and how you do it.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. All
There is so much being said about Trump - much of childish and petulant, as well as ignorant; on and on it goes. His achievements are ignored, his hair is not. I've had a gutfull of it. Let's concentrate on our own do-nothing Prime Minister. He is our problem. Let America deal with Trump, or not, as seems to be more the case.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 22 June 2018 10:50:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
anyone who supports Israel's right to exist is going to cop it from the marxist. There hatred is palpable. Just look at the abc 'guests'.
Posted by runner, Friday, 22 June 2018 3:32:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don't believe Donald Trump understands Donald trump?

But to give him his due he managed to get the North Korean dictator to the negotiating table and an agreement wrung out of him?

He also seems to have started a calamitous trade war with the world. And separated innocent toddlers from their Asylum seeker parents. And in the process managed quite adroitly to turn the Republican party into a divided rabble!

Moreover, managed to blame that outcome on the Democrats?

Yes, you are right Don cooling is a natural event that always accompanies a waning phase of the sun! As ours has been since the mid-seventies. (NASA)

One can only speculate how much hotter it will get when that trend is reversed and is replaced by the hotter waxing phase!?

I find your repeated non-science just a little bit disingenuous Don and not worthy of genuine thoughtful debate!

Suggest you try it on a parrot if the best you can do is constantly repeat the same It's not getting warmer, its' not getting warmer, it's not getting warmer, pollie want a cracker, coal-fired garbage!?

The bird brain might just agree with you? No names no pack drill! Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 22 June 2018 4:28:09 PM
*...Suggest you try it on a parrot if the best you can do is constantly repeat the same It's not getting warmer, its' not getting warmer, it's not getting warmer, pollie want a cracker, coal-fired garbage!? ...*

Pot calling kettle black Polly!

Thanks for another laugh Al....
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 22 June 2018 4:58:56 PM
Alan, I believe, in understanding DT, we must take stock of the fact that he is, if not the, first non-Bilderberg Group plant, but one of the first who has done it alone.
Most previous POTUS have been backed by the 'king makers' who are a product of the Rothschilds, and still are today.
In understanding DT one has to think of a man, any man, your father, your uncle, your workmates, etc.
He is just like them, only, really, really wealthy.
He says what he thinks, he thinks what he sees.
He is beholding to no-one.
He's never been here before.
If the anti-Trump brigade, who are actually financed by the 'king makers', would back off, he might start to get the jist of his job.
What I like about him is, because I have hated all things Rothschilds, they are an evil disgusting family who have forcibly, immorally and unethically amassed the greatest amount of wealth in the world and in history.
Unlike Bill Gates and yes even President Trump, they made their money in different ways, legally, even if DT has had questionable dealings, but nothing unusual for this day and age and his type of business.
I think he is a good thing, if only by draining the swamp and removing all the Rothschild implants in the white house.
I want to re-assure everyone who's worried about him pressing any red buttons.
Believe me it cannot happen.
The amount of levels and departments it would have to go through would drown you, so it won't happen on a whim or any time soon.
Posted by ALTRAV, Friday, 22 June 2018 5:37:44 PM
Excellent article Don. I agree with nearly all of it.

I hope he succeeds in delivering his main important polices. IMO they are:

Energy,
economic,
defence capability,
get rid of N Korea's nuclear weapons,
stop China's aggression in South China Sea and bullying of other states,
get Europe and China to reduce the trade protections to the same as the USA,
kill the Paris Agreement,
stop the UN from blocking development of fossil fuel power plants in the developing world.
Posted by Peter Lang, Friday, 22 June 2018 5:38:46 PM
Peter L, agree with you on most points.
Don't know if he will get his way with China.
Touchy subject.
I realise China has to be careful but for different reasons.
The US owes China too much (money) so, steady, steady on that front.
For both of them.
Also N Korea.
Their reputation is well known.
Would not trust them, so that one might come back to bite him yet.
The rest, am pleased about.
I have always maintained there is an overarching force or group who are slowly taking control through centralised structure to eventually control much of the world, if not all of the world.
Sounds a bit far fetched and impossible but that thought or theory just won't go away.
I even know of it's creators, evil thieves, criminals and mal-vivants, one and all.
Posted by ALTRAV, Friday, 22 June 2018 8:09:30 PM
“Noted writers with years of admired work behind them have turned into swivel-eyed loons at the mere mention of Trump’s name.” (Declan Mansfield, Spectator 22/6/18)
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 22 June 2018 11:13:57 PM
The fact that Trump is reviled by the media monopoly more than any other president in history tells us that he must be doing something right.

80% of the world’s information is controlled by these corporations—Time Warner, The Disney Company, Viacom, News Corporation (Australia), and Bertelsmann (Germany). All to the left (Fox occasional says something conservative). All intertwined boards controlling most of global opinion (not news, which is more expensive to produce than telling us what to think is). They share cable systems, satellite channels, and even recording companies with a total of 141 joint ventures. These are business partners, not competitors. Trump might even be able to break up the Big Brotherhood of private opinion makers. Here's hoping!

It's amazing that this man has withstood these enemies, and even achieved the things he promised to achieve against such forces of evil manipulation. Trump might even be able to break up the private Big Brotherhood of opinion making. Here's hoping.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 23 June 2018 10:30:38 AM
ALTRAV: If the evidence proves he's wrong? Shoot the messenger!

More or less what ovarian cancer Australia did to me a few days ago after witnessing a poor woman on her feet telling the press club and the world, she had ovarian cancer had all the available treatment but had relapsed.

Was moved to send the organisation an email espousing miracle cure Bismuth 213.

Received a reply telling me the speaker wasn't interested in complementary/alternative medicine!

I've seen ultrasound scans showing a liver with three tumours, 66 minutes later after treatment with Bismuth213, completely clear. And other evidence!

Bismuth 213 was successfully trialled in ovarian cancer trials in various CONVENTIONAL MEDICINE cancer clinics in Europe, way back in 2006?

With results that include, no significant damage to healthy cells and a resulting 400 times more efficacious result than previously tried Beta particle (the scattergun approach) treatment.

We have been able to produce alpha particle Bismuth 213 for over fifty years! And an end decay product of U233. And only U233!

U233 is mostly created by the conversion of thorium to U233 in an MSR thorium powered reactor.

Why it is not the most widely used cancer therapy the world over by now, only explained by vested interest that would be harmed by, peaceful purpose thorium powered MSR.

Those vested interests surely include the three trillion dollars a year fossil fuel industry, big nuclear, its principle business model, fuel enrichment/fabrication completely destroyed. Plus, many cancer treatments. Given they simply prolong life and or the agony, rather than produce lifelong remission!

So, in the red corner, we have a ten-foot giant, A conglomerate of Big Pharma, Big nuclear and the cancer industry. In the blue corner is a ten-inch pigmy. Or if you will, advocates for thorium power, and the miracle cure isotope Bismuth 213 that it produces in much more volume than the "regulated" 6 grams of thorium that is permitted for research?

And analogous to allowing the petrol engined race car a teaspoon of petrol, when going head to head with a Stanley Steamer!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Saturday, 23 June 2018 11:37:58 AM
............BREAKING NEWS....................BREAKING NEWS....................BREAKING NEWS....................BREAKING NEWS........

“..........................80% of the world’s information is controlled by these corporations—Time Warner, The Disney Company, Viacom, News Corporation (Australia), and Bertelsmann (Germany). All to the left .........................”

So the Australian is a left-wing rag.

That has to be the scoop of the century!
Posted by unravel, Saturday, 23 June 2018 12:54:30 PM
Alan, I have followed your comments over time and am obviously very interested in what you say and promote.
I am very interested in whether or not it is possible to 'make' a working model of the energy (electricity) producing variant you speak of.
Can you advise me accordingly.
Posted by ALTRAV, Saturday, 23 June 2018 12:56:57 PM
Unravel, I confess being as thick as a brick re; social speak.
I don't understand your last post.
Is it sarcasm?
If not could you please elaborate for 'thick heads' like me.
Posted by ALTRAV, Saturday, 23 June 2018 1:01:24 PM
Why not do a search on the book by David Cay Johnston titled Its Even Worse Than You Think What The Trump Administration Is Doing To America.

Meanwhile one of the demented nitwits that scribble for the Australian Spectator tells us that the trumpenfuhrer is providing "civilizational leadership".

Never mind that trump has no positive human qualities nor has he an ethical or moral bone in his body. He has probably never done and other-serving thing in his entire life. His principal modus-operandi is whats-in-it-for-me

Leaders always stamp/imprint their personality on to any and every organization of which they lead including nation-states. To use a common metaphor fishes always rot from the head down. Something rotten now "lives" in the White House.
Posted by Daffy Duck, Saturday, 23 June 2018 5:12:29 PM
Meanwhile the Australian "news"-paper continues its series of essays on the Ramsay outfit and the very real crisis of Western Civilization.

The purpose of the mooted Ramsay course being to train/create a new generation of young leaders well versed (steeped) in the "great books" of Western culture, who will then (perhaps) make a positive difference.

Meanwhile the trumpenfuhrer is a culturally illiterate barbarian. Simultaneously most of the scribblers who scribble for the Australian think/pretend that this culturally illiterate barbarian is somehow equipped to make a positive difference to the well-being of Earthkind.

Pigs are going to fly any day now!
Posted by Daffy Duck, Saturday, 23 June 2018 5:30:46 PM
Anyone not depending on hanging off the taxpayers apron understands Trump.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 23 June 2018 8:24:07 PM
One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes,
but for real bona fide stupidity
there ain't nothing can beat teamwork!"

(Mark Twain).

Lets hear it for Trump and the Republicans - and
the people who voted for them!

Jesus may love them - everyone else thinks they're
A-holes!
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 23 June 2018 10:54:51 PM
Lovely Foxy why not stick with deplorables! Regressives really are full of themselves.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 23 June 2018 10:59:05 PM
ALTRAV

I have no idea what you mean by 'social speak'. I must be another thickhead. If you don't get my post about the Australian, you don't get it. I don't get your post about the Rothschilds. I learnt long ago to accept that there are some things in life that we we will just never get.
Posted by unravel, Sunday, 24 June 2018 4:19:41 AM
Unravel, sorry I thought it was reasonably common knowledge about the Rothschilds and their rancid and vial attitudes towards people and their push for............actually I won't, because it needs to be told by someone else with more knowledge and historical facts.
Just GOOGLE 'Rothschilds' and it will give you a basic explanation of what I speak.
It's only a small explanation of their history and plans for the world and us.
Also you might want to look up the 'Bilderburg Group'.
Or Daniel Estulin, but there are many more, you can choose yourself.
To name but a few references.
I know these will answer all your questions.
The comments of each sometimes overlap or even question each others propositions, but that is expected when discussing politics, religion, and certain sensitive topics.
Posted by ALTRAV, Sunday, 24 June 2018 10:16:44 AM
Never mind. I'm sure that Trump will resign at the end of his first term because of what a few anonymous, wacko Australians think of him.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 24 June 2018 10:22:13 AM
Read an interesting article this morning stating that people blaming Trump for the things not quite right in America (including this fuss about separated children who shouldn’t be there anyway) are suffering from “a level of delusion and denial that is close to a psychotic epidemic”.

That epidemic has spread to posters here, when there is absolutely no reason for Australians to be touched by it. The article’s author says that is not “possible to accurately describe the destructive, irresponsible hysteria that has infected Trump haters any better than to point to the vicious and violent reactions to him”.

That just describes the situation for Americans, whose president he is. How bad is it when foreigners like Australians start the same nonsense!

I’m surprised that our very minor version of Hollywood has not started acting like the clearly senile and foul-mouthed Robert De Niro. Perhaps our play actors are more real than the Red OLO posters.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 24 June 2018 10:52:41 AM
ttbn,

I was going to respond in great detail
to your comments. However, I realise
that you're not going to understand what
was being said. So I've decided to come
down to your level - and tell you that -

"You're the reason God invented the middle-finger!"

Perhaps that you will get.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 24 June 2018 11:01:40 AM
Here's "A Satirical Take on the Daily Shenanigans
of the Current American "Narcissist in Chief."

http://omfgtrumpblog.com/2018/06/12/pardon-me-and-you-too/
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 24 June 2018 11:21:57 AM
Foxy, now your 'forcing' me to go off topic.
Yes forcing.
We all want to see you as kind of Matriarchal figure on OLO.
It is a good thing.
But it does not bode well when you, as you say lower yourself to respond off topic.
I can respond to ttbn because he has seen fit to follow through.
I may agree or dis-agree with everyone on OLO, but try I do, to stay on topic.
I had a bit of a chuckle, as I believe, ttbn did when he read your post, as it seemed as if Mother Teresa had suddenly had a brain snap and went off the rails for a moment.
Anyway I'll take your post as a bit of levity.
Posted by ALTRAV, Sunday, 24 June 2018 11:31:45 AM
ALTRAV: You can build a reactor and the chemical engineering plant that constantly refurbishes the fuel so 99% of it is used up if you have a spare 100 million? Inside a shipping container.

Or a conventional reactor with at least seven times more funds! And about ten hectares, and ten years/ten thousand construction employees?

And if you want the Oak Ridge design specifications, there's plenty on Google tech talks including a blow by blow description of the parts list, that includes a graphite core, and assembly of the reactor.

There are also some articles that refer to a thermos-flask-sized, bench top thorium generator, which seems to produce some U.V. and Radon? That's trapped in activated carbon? But no electricity?

The Brazilians have decided to give all that a miss and just opt for the, also unpressurised, FUJI 350 MW. Already trailed molten salt reactor and just adapt it to fluoride and thorium. Moreover, I see no insurmountable reason why this wouldn't work always providing the include with enough beryllium to counter/prevent corrosion.

Incidentally to respond to other posters, A 2C rise/tipping point, enough to start to melt the permafrost and release tons of formerly frozen methane, 20-30 times more efficacious as a greenhouse gas than PROVEN CO2. And much much higher in the atmosphere. where it can trap more heat.

The last time this occurred around 90 million years ago, the combined GREENHOUSE effect was an increase in ambient temperature of 5C And that small rise, enough to nearly destroy all life.

And just by creating conditions completely hostile to plant life. which feed all the herbivores and replenish our oxygen!

Oxygen breathers suffocate if the CO2 levels rise above 21%!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Sunday, 24 June 2018 11:58:23 AM
Dear ALTRAV,

Glad that you've seen the humour.

I've been watching a 1959 English film -
this morning.

"I'm All Right Jack."

A classic. Could be Aussie politics today.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 24 June 2018 12:01:04 PM
Foxy,
that trump link is not satyrical, that's straight out hate stuff from a bunch of Leftist jealous hate mongers. It's so vindictive it's plain childish.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 24 June 2018 4:58:08 PM
Thanks, Alan and Foxy.
Now back to topic.
I think we all know deep down that Dear Don is not political material. But, you might think it odd, that's what I like about him.
The political machine around the world has become a cliche.
The young are recruited and then 'groomed' to party lines.
Not a singular personal or individual thought amongst them.
They all say what they know the masses want to hear, with no intention of following through.
Dear Don, like Pauline, shoots from the mouth without first editing it.
Then once his thoughts are aired he is shown where he went wrong, only to change his mind down the line.
Now I don't mind this kind of MO, because as long as he changes his mind and therefore gets the train back on the tracks even if it's later rather than sooner, then no harm or damage was done.
Unlike the norm, a decision is made and it is usually to accommodate anyone else but the public.
Sheeple follow blindly.
When taxes are raised the morons say, 'they have to, how else do you run the country if you don't collect tax'?
I'll tell you how.
WORK WITH WHAT YOU'VE GOT!
Stop facilitating your mates and irrelevant minorities.
So stop wasting money and start reducing expenditure.
You don't have to be an economist to figure out when someone is rorting the system.
Posted by ALTRAV, Sunday, 24 June 2018 5:07:47 PM
ALTRAV,

It is precisely because he is not “political material” that he is getting the job done. It is precisely the reason why he is hated by even his own party. He has shown them up. He is just what America needed: a successful businessman with a life before politics. We need someone similar to wrest the power from professional, self-serving politicians.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 24 June 2018 5:31:13 PM
ttbn, too right, agreed.
That's the real problem with politicians today.
They have seen how easy it is to pull the wool over everyones eyes, and how impossible it is to discover how they are getting away with stealing from us.
No matter how many emails I send asking for answers they know there's nothing I can do to harm them.
Once upon-a-time we used to have things called the ombudsman for every govt dept, well there were quite a few.
The last time I enquired about the police ombudsman, as I wanted to complain about something, I was calmly told there was no longer one. So I asked then who do I write my compliant to?
They said, the minister.
To that I gave them the appropriate verbal reply to pass on to the respective minister, hoping I would be charged with something.
Never happened.
Contact the minister my arse.
Another waste of time.
Posted by ALTRAV, Sunday, 24 June 2018 7:14:18 PM
ttbn,
The bureaudroids climbing through rank upon rank withing the Public Service are not the kind of character a real leader is made of. As you said they don't have a pre-political existence so how on Earth can they & their insipid followers believe they are capable of decisions in logic & pragmatism.
Idealism pushed by academic theorisers is exactly what a political party should not be made up of. We can see the results of that kind of folly on a minute to minute basis.
Posted by individual, Monday, 25 June 2018 11:03:58 AM
Probably Trumps biggest success has been calling out all the fake elitist marxist media. From the New York times to CNN to our local abc/sbs he has poured egg all over their faces time and time again. Tony Abbott's biggest mistake was to try and appease those who hated him. He compromised on gw (knowing it was c ap), refused to take on the abc lies and continued high Government spending and debt. We desperately need a Trump like character with his kind of backbone. I am not sure we have one that is obvious.
Posted by runner, Monday, 25 June 2018 1:24:49 PM
runner,

What about Clive Palmer?

He's managed to entice Brian Burston from One Nation to
join his new party - the "United Australia Party."
And Palmer even has a slogan - "Make Australia Great!"

All he can do now is hope that Australians have forgotten
or forgiven his last performance in Parliament.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 25 June 2018 4:43:17 PM
Hi Foxy

I have never been keen on Clive Palmer as a Politician. I thought we was a total failure last time round. For a while he was a puppet for the abc. They loved him while he was attacking Abbott and then dropped him when his usefulness was gone. In my opinion Trump is very smart while Clive seems to lack any rational thinking. I don't think you need to be concerned because I can't see anyone I support being elected soon. I have always respected Cory Bernadi but can't see him getting more than 3 or 4 % of the vote. As much as I dislike the Labour party unless the Liberals change track I see little difference in the 2. Bill Turnbull could lead either party as he has shown he will backflip or stab anyone in the back to keep or get power. I suspect Julie Bishop is the same. I do like Peter Dutton and Josh Frydenberg although he seems to have taken a little of the gw fraud koolaid. Yep not a good time for conservatives in Australia. Thankfully though we still live in a great nation. Probably why I take a bit of delight in America's finest President for a long time.
Posted by runner, Monday, 25 June 2018 4:54:08 PM
Hi runner,

You might enjoy the following link.

Its on the real differences between Liberals and Labor:

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/the-real-difference-between-liberal-and-labor-20130910-2th8s.html

Enjoy.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 25 June 2018 7:09:50 PM
Probably a fair summary Foxy.
Posted by runner, Monday, 25 June 2018 9:58:32 PM

Dear Don (Aitkin),

To understand Trump you have to understand all those Americans in the Midwest who just managed to squeeze him past the post in the 2016 presidential election and win by a nose – despite the fact that Hilary Clinton won the overall national vote by 2.8 million.

As the American media reported at the time with regard to the crucial Midwest vote :

« Those were states that had gone Democrat for decades, based in part on the support of black and working-class white voters.

Those working-class white people, particularly ones without college education - men and women - deserted the party in droves. Rural voters turned out in high numbers, as the Americans who felt overlooked by the establishment and left behind by the coastal elite made their voices heard »

And, according to the latest Gallup poll, published on 23 April 2018 :

- 37% of U.S. voters say Trump deserves re-election

- Obama (37%), Clinton (38%) had similar figures at first midterms

- 78% of Republican voters think Trump deserves a second term

Here is the link :

http://news.gallup.com/poll/233000/trump-elect-figures-similar-obama-clinton.aspx

Confucius is reported to have said : “when a wise man points to the moon, the idiot looks at his finger”, but in the case of Trump, the proverb should be inverted : “when the idiot points to Trump, the wise man looks at his finger”. In other words, it’s not Trump we have to understand, it’s Middle America, the people who “point to Trump” as their favoured president.

Those who see Trump as the problem are mistaken. It’s Middle America that’s the problem. Trump is the solution.

If we understand that, we might be able to help Trump find solutions that not only solve Middle America’s problems, but ours as well. Only trying to defend our own interests just doesn’t work.

As Einstein is reported to have said :

« If I had an hour to solve a problem I'd spend 55 minutes thinking about the problem and 5 minutes thinking about solutions » - or something like that.

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Tuesday, 26 June 2018 8:33:08 AM
Dear Banjo Paterson,

I love your Zen reference about the finger and the moon.

However, understanding Middle-America - is not easy at
the best of times.

One can only hope that next around voters will get up off
their butts and turn out to vote. That man is a total
train-wreck not only for his own country - but for the
entire globe.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 26 June 2018 3:26:22 PM
Foxy, your views and/or opinions are based on the media and what they report.
It is second hand information, at best or reporting on something and no explanation as to the veracity of these claims.
I know he waffles a lot.
He's not a politician.
His demeanor is crude, rude and lewd.
We know that too.
So what?
He has a very different and down to earth style.
Unlike the 'perfect' liars before him.
What we don't know is his ability to direct a very big ship in this new ocean he is just starting to explore/navigate.
It is disingenuous of anyone to criticise someone purely on their personality.
He has admitted to all kind of things that has incensed the weak and feeble of mind and fueled the fires of those who he has stopped the flow of money being siphoned off through the back door of the white house.
The biggest plus he has done, by all accounts, is drained the swamp.
There are many more people who think he is worth a go.
I personally believe any comments for or against the man from anyone but Americans is moot and therefore irrelevant.
But as someone has seen fit to post this topic, means we are obliged to comment, or not.
Posted by ALTRAV, Tuesday, 26 June 2018 9:57:50 PM
Seth Meyers, American political commentator, Television
Show Host, writer, actor, comedian - had this to say about
his President:

"Trump was still saying Obama's birth certificate was
fake about a year ago. I'm not sure the guy who holds
fake press conferences, has a fake university, a fake
foundation, fake hair, and a fake tan, should be in
charge of deciding what's real."
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 27 June 2018 1:43:26 PM
Foxy, these are all parts of a large play or show.
You yourself have just given an example of a quote from a, no less, a 'TV show host, writer, actor, comedian'.
He is an authority on 'nothing' and he dares to promote himself as someone who knows what he is talking about?
It was no different when all these actors came out spitting and spewing negativities about Mr 'T'.
People who agreed with these actors and the like displayed an enormous amount of childlike ignorance and lost total credibility in the process.
So by shooting their mouths off they demonstrated how immature and un-informed they really are.
Too many people today are waaaaaaaay too sensitive and look at life with a 'glass is half empty' attitude.
This is not healthy and in fact lowers the levels of reason and common sense in society.
Most of the problem with people's negativity with MR 'T' is that no-one liked him before he became POTUS, for many reasons.
My guess is, because he was himself.
He spoke freely.
He has never had to sugar coat anything and gladly he does not subscribe to PC.
Let me put it another way.
So he brags about 'touching up' women here or there.
He brags about his achievements with the opposite sex.
So what?
I've got news for you and any others who have lived in a room with no windows most of their lives, HE IS NORMAL!
The ones who are not 'normal' are all these pollies who say the right things, do the right things, say things people want to hear, are politically correct, and never put a foot or a word out of place.
For God's sake can you all be so naive, you can't see what they're doing.
Politicians are actors, one and all.
They are completely different people when not in public.
So Foxy, I'm going to need a more credible and relevant person than an actor or Joe public to expound on Mr 'T' before I even start thinking about listening to what someone thinks about him.
Posted by ALTRAV, Wednesday, 27 June 2018 6:11:28 PM
ALTRAV,

Listen Sunshine - you may live in a bubble. Most of
the rest of us do live in the real world.

Donald Trump's own former campaign strategist David
Urban tells CNN's Anderson Cooper that President Donald
Trump does not "purposely lie" to the American people.
But that he is prone to "hyperbole."

While his competitors gravely list how to fix the country's
problems Trump tells voters how fantastic everything is
going to be once he's President. He's pledged to be the
greatest jobs president God ever created. To be better on
women's health issues than anyone else. To seize Iran's oil
reserves, to beat up on China while making them "like us."
To get rid of ISIS, to force Mexico to pay for a new 2,000
mile wall along its border with the US, to round up and
deport 11 million undocumented immigrants.

The man has no problems promising voters more than he can
possibly deliver - over-hyping his abilities is what this
guy does. The sad part is that his over the top style with
no substance does have its admirers. Who believe that it's
enough to just say he'll "Make America Great Again." And
it will happen! Exaggeration is a hallmark of the cut-throat
New York real-estate world that Trump comes from. Lets hope
that he doesn't bankrupt the country like he did his own
businesses. And that the many Americans who did not vote for
him will turn up to vote at the next election.

He's not even a good salesman - let alone a President.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 27 June 2018 6:56:07 PM
cont'd ...

Here's a joke you may appreciate:

The Brazilian Ambassador meets Donald Trump and offers
him 50 Brazilian soldiers to help with the fight
against terrorism. Trump says, "That's fantastic!"

He then tells his Chief of Staff about the Brazilian
Ambassadors offer. Trump's Chief of Staff also says,
"That's fantastic!"

Then Donald Trump asks his Chief of Staff,

"How many is a Brazilian?"
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 27 June 2018 7:06:46 PM
Foxy, it is not I who live in a bubble.
I laugh at the circus that goes on around Trump.
I remain positive and am one of those who see's the glass 'half full'. Where-as people like yourself have allowed yourselves to get sucked in to the hysteria of negativity and nastiness being cultivated by the anti-Trump campaign.
Firstly, we won't see anything come of his promises if he is resisted by oppositions.
Secondly, he might be all the things he is accused of but, because no-one knows what he is thinking, they cannot draw conclusions.
And if you base your comments on things he says, you will regret it, because not even he knows what he's doing from one minute to the next.
I do believe so far I have witnessed a man who is genuine about his intentions but is in-experienced in making them happen.
The fault will lie with congress.
Don't get sucked in to his bravado speeches.
That's who he is.
Just like the guy at the bar bragging about one thing or another.
You are confusing emotions with reality.
How many times do I have to remind people, emotions are a useless thing when trying to have a sensible discussion.
You completely gloss over the fact that he has a very large base of followers.
Sure they might all be stupid rednecks, (if that makes you feel better) but polls are showing he has a better than predicted chance of holding his position.
Who would have thought?
Even I had him out on his ear by now, but not for the stupid petty reasons you and others put up.
You see I don't think he's POTUS material, but why I'm happy to see him there is because he gave the Bilderburg Group the shoulder and disrupted their reign of theft and pillaging.
No I say to his detractors, just back off with all the wasted vitriol and vial comments about the man.
He's there now and like me I think we give him a go and we'll see, he just might prove his detractors wrong.
Posted by ALTRAV, Thursday, 28 June 2018 2:00:26 AM
ALTRAV,

Stupid petty reasons?

No. He's being judged by his own actions.
And the damage he's done and continues to
do. And he can't gloss it over as "fake news,"
any more - nobody but the simple minded are
buying it. BTW- 51% of Americans do not
approve of what he's doing - so the next
election should prove interesting.

In any case I see that any further discussion
with you is pointless. We're so far apart in
our thinking.

Have a nice day.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 28 June 2018 11:06:38 AM
Clive Palmer only went into Parliament in order to serve his personal financial interests.
He couldn't get the Queensland Government to do what he wanted regarding the Abbott Point railway to service the Galilee Basin so it was a way to get what he wanted by other means.
He eventually got his way and has contributed nothing else of significance as his parliamentary attendance and voting record clearly shows.

Like his dinosaur park and Titanic nonsense, he's a fraud, a self-promoter and a hangover from the corrupt Queensland white-shoe brigade that made him wealthy in the first place.

Likewise, Hanson and Trump are the inevitable result of disaffected voters who only know what they don't like and think their protest vote against the status-quo will somehow magically make things better for them.

Trump admires and congratulates dictators but alienates his true allies and is a blatant lair.
Posted by rache, Friday, 29 June 2018 10:37:10 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy