The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A conspiracy of silence - how the left stays silent about Islamic homophobia and murder > Comments

A conspiracy of silence - how the left stays silent about Islamic homophobia and murder : Comments

By Russell Grenning, published 22/6/2018

In January 2015, ISIS killed nine men and a 15 year old boy suspected of being gay in a Syrian town they controlled.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
It's nonsense to suggest that "the left" (when you're on the extreme right, everybody is on the left - even moderates)is selectively "silent" on abuse.
If anything it's the "right" that gratuitously condemns all anti-social and specifically Islamic practices except those rampant by their buddies, Saudi Arabia. For some reason they are kept off the agenda.
Posted by rache, Sunday, 24 June 2018 1:15:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To Individual.

Don't most people hide inconvenient truths? It might be less a symptom of left and right then just a condition of people not wanting to face their faults.

On the other hand. A question I'd like to know though is why there is so much support from liberal philosophy towards Islam, that horrible crimes can be dismissed or ignored while other things in society are blown out of proportion such as what people say and how they say it becomes huge issues that demand action and are the cause of why there's a counter movement against PC.
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Sunday, 24 June 2018 10:28:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We used to be a tolerant open society before we butchered it with the post-war migration of intolerant xenophobes and homophobes?

Albeit, we have always had a homegrown element of ignorance personified, homophobia!

We need to, return to sender, all those incompatible cultures that came here then tried to remake us in their own, highly flawed, hate-laced (Hansonized) image.

What we don't need is open door migration, but rather a policy that selects compatible cultures that meld seamlessly with the preexisting, dominant Christian culture. Be they black, white or brindle!

Which must result in many being returned to lands predominately Islamic!

Sh!te stirring DD. Top of my list, of soon to be, expatriates, and for good reason!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Sunday, 24 June 2018 12:37:37 PM
Thanks Al :-))

I want to return to the Scottish Isles , that'd be great, thanks!
Posted by diver dan, Sunday, 24 June 2018 3:10:58 PM
Not_Now.Soon,

The two are actually related, so some extent.

<<A question I'd like to know though is why there is so much support from liberal philosophy towards Islam, that horrible crimes can be dismissed or ignored while other things in society are blown out of proportion such as what people say and how they say it becomes huge issues that demand action and are the cause of why there's a counter movement against PC.>>

By not focusing on the harm caused by Islam, some on the left (those whom are now often referred to as the “regressive left”) see the lack of attention they pay to the Islamic element of atrocities and injustices, or the reasoning they use to divert the blame away from Islam (often by placing a disproportionate level of the blame for radical Islam on foreign policy), as a similar form of harm minimisation since there is no risk of marginalising Islamic minorities by diverting blame from their religion.

Another reason is that many on the left are simply terrified of being racist/xenophobic, or being perceived to be racist/xenophobic.

The first two videos I linked to earlier provides some further hints. Then there’s the point I made earlier about a hierarchy of social justice priorities.

Douglas Murray explains the western guilt aspect of it very eloquently in the following video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUmDrcqPuqA
Posted by AJ Philips, Sunday, 24 June 2018 3:14:55 PM
What never fails to amuse me is that the left's protection and
excusing the actions of Muslims has never given them cause to think
about how their very beliefs puts them at the top of the list next
to Jews, Christians and atheists to be given the three choices;
Submit to Islam, pay the Jizya tax to any Muslem that demands it, or die.

If you think that is some 7th century practise then they may be
surprised when looking down the barrel of an Islamic gun.
Posted by Bazz, Sunday, 24 June 2018 5:16:10 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy