The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Banning the burka is an accelerating trend > Comments

Banning the burka is an accelerating trend : Comments

By Russell Grenning, published 14/6/2018

The Danish Parliament has voted, by an overwhelming vote of 75 to 30, to ban the Islamic burka and the niqab.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Alan,

Your agree with BN who says: “Frankly in these days of security risks and terrorism it should be illegal to cover your face simply for security reasons”, which means you agree with me too.

You woudn't be allowed to go into a bank with your face covered. If you appeared anywhere in public wearing a mask, you would attract police attention. Why should a small minority of people be allowed to do what you and the majority are not allowed to do? We don't want to end up like Britain where Muslims are treated differently from everyone else. Where your average Brit is threatened with legal action if he expresses an adverse opinion of Islam and Muslims.

In “a couple of generations” there will be no “assimilation”. Muslims are not here to assimilate. The ones who are not active in terrorism are here to change us while they are living off our dole.

How many grandkids of Afhgan camel drivers do you know? I would be surprised if there are any left. If there were, they would have had the same time as the rest of us to be Australians, and they didn't come here as fanatics in those days. Most of them were Northern Indians anyway.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 14 June 2018 12:56:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Don't we now have laws banning the giving of offence to anyone?

Well I'm offended by the sight of these things on Australian streets, so they must be banned.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 14 June 2018 12:57:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The burka, niqab and veil are all offensive to me. They should be to any person that values freedom and rule of law. What they do is send a loud and clear message that a person's values are those of Allah and Mohammad. They tell everyone that the they do not accept Australian culture or Western values. They even tell us that terror, murder, torture, plunder, and enslavement are acceptable, depending on who is doing it (like their dear prophet, for example). Have you ever seen a Muslim condemn the hate and violence in the Quran and hadith?

The burka and other Islamic practices are just the beginning. Give an inch, they take a foot and then a mile. With the apparel come other wonderful things like child marriage, female mutilation, welfare fraud, multiple marriages and always isolation from the Australian mainstream (or of any Western country). And there is the terror and violence that follows Muslims around like a 5pm shadow on a sunny day (like this week in Belgium where a Muslim yelling Allah Akbar killed 3 people, although the press says his motives are 'unknown'). Well, the Quran promises terror, it says that non-Muslims are not good people and tells them to fight us; it says that Muslims are put on earth to kill and be killed. The fact is that Muslims cannot live in peace, in numbers, as equals with non-Muslims and be good Muslims.

I ask: since the burka has been banned in other countries, did any Muslim leave those countries because of the proibition? As far as I know, NO. If the burka, sharia and other practices were really important to them, Muslims would flock to Islamic societies. The burka and et al is just another probing, aggressive step by people that hate us.
Posted by kactuz, Thursday, 14 June 2018 1:25:01 PM
I would think that talking about women's apparel would come under the heading of women's business. But yet the loudest and most bellicose objections against Moslem women, and their wearing of a traditional clothing, gets the loudest and plain abusive responses from men. Funny that.

What category of man works women over? The obvious answer to that would be a coward of course.
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 14 June 2018 8:22:41 PM
//Frankly in these days of security risks and terrorism it should be illegal to cover your face simply for security reasons.//

Nah, bugger that. It's winter, and I'd rather have a warm face than a well exposed face. Even if it poses a barrier a to communication, means I can't make friends, means I don't exist (eh?), stops me 'integrating into society' yada yada yada... I love my balaclava. Function before fashion, people.

Sorry, I realise that is offensive to all you members of the fashion police. But I dunno, I've never got the whole fashion thing. Why get so hung up on what people wear?

Obviously people should have to remove face coverings in certain situations, such as entering banks. But when they're just out taking a walk in the public square? And we start decreeing how they must dress themselves any further than public indecency laws? I'm not sure I fancy that idea... sounds a bit Orwellian to me.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Thursday, 14 June 2018 9:53:53 PM
When you see the huge support the terrorist mob called Hezbollah gets in Canada I would say that the burqa is the least of our worries. The support by the terrorist and illegal immigration by feminist and Marxist is far more dangerous.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 14 June 2018 10:26:30 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy