The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > When is a woman a woman? > Comments

When is a woman a woman? : Comments

By Russell Grenning, published 29/5/2018

David is only a transwoman on Wednesdays so there is no point his meeting Jeremy on any other day of the week, is there?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
in the right post

Maybe Harvey Weinstein should identify as a woman. According to the abc feminist they can do no wrong. Certainly Weinstein was a strong supporter of Hillary along with Bill. No wonder she took up the 'feminist' cause. No wonder the youth are totally confused.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 29 May 2018 2:34:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
When the person does't have an SRY gene on a 'Y' chromosome.

Yes I know there are a few minor exceptions to that rule but for the vast majority of mankind, this holds true.

ie biology determines sex, not society.
Posted by mhaze, Tuesday, 29 May 2018 3:09:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
When is a woman a woman?

I would have thought when she has official
documentation confirming that she is.
Some people claim to be Jesus, Napoleon,
or anything else they can think of - but that doesn't
make it to be true at least not legally.
I can't believe that any
political party would just accept someone's
word to be what they claim they want to be.

I remember reading "Carlotta's" story years ago.
"He did it Her Way - Carlotta - Legend of Les Girls"
and what she went through. She was one of the first
sex-change operations performed in Australia. She was
made to go through a two-year period of psychological
testing before they even approved the operation. It was quite
an ordeal. She even had to attend a series of
consultations with a clergyman, a couple of doctors,
and a social worker.

However she got to finally be legally classified as a female.

Perhaps the same should apply in the UK?
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 29 May 2018 4:53:42 PM
cont'd ...

I'm not sure whether former Lieutenant Colonel
Cate McGregor has had re-assignment surgery or
not. But she is a transgender woman who felt
she was a full-time woman - and not only on
Wednesdays as the person in the UK. Who really
can't be taken seriously.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 29 May 2018 5:15:08 PM
Sigh - so what!
Posted by Daffy Duck, Tuesday, 29 May 2018 5:19:01 PM
Foxy I think the bigger issue is that the progressive left has opposed any checks and balances instead preferring to label any who don't like their agenda as transphobic bigots. The point you make does not account for the gender fluid.

Part of the concern with the public toilet issue in the US (last year I think) was a push for people to be able to use gender assigned facilities based on how they identified at the time. Clearly there were some nasty people on the other side but my impression was others just taking a stand and saying enough with the nonsense.

The compelled speech laws in Canada that Jordan Petersen rose to prominence based on his opposition too referenced guidelines that included I believe subjective gender identification. Not just the issue of needing to know if someone regarded themself as male or female and being required by law to address them by their preferred pronoun but also a large number of other made up terms - one of the lists is at https://uwm.edu/lgbtrc/support/gender-pronouns/

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Tuesday, 29 May 2018 6:20:32 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy