The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Trump, Middle East and conservative Christians > Comments

Trump, Middle East and conservative Christians : Comments

By Keith Suter, published 25/5/2018

Trump is, for them, a flawed warrior of Christ. He has immense moral imperfections but he can still also be a vehicle for God's plans.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. All
' So basically: everything is fine but unless everybody gets on board with my ideological viewpoints pretty damn quick-smart, then repent ye sinners, for the end is nigh.

Now, where have I heard that before?'

the warmist fantasy/religion Toni
Posted by runner, Friday, 25 May 2018 3:36:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Still a bit pissy about the last thread, are we mhaze?

<<There is no question that materially, mankind has never had it so good. I've mentioned here more times than I'd like to recall.>>

Yes, possibly in more ways than you’ve ever mentioned too, depending on what you mean by ‘materially’.

<<The problem however is more about the future rather than the present and the fact that the vast majority do not understand how we got here, that it wasn't just 'dumb luck' …>>

Who says we got where we are by dumb luck? Pinker certainly didn’t say that in the video I linked to. Sounds like you’re punching at shadows there.

<<… and that the attributes that allowed us (the west) to create the most successful society of all time, are being frittered away.>>

Well, if that’s the case, we’re certainly not seeing the fruits of that yet. You sound paranoid.

<<It is the loss of these attributes, free speech, property rights, individual responsibility, Christian values, rule of law and a host of others …>>>

He says, while exercising his free speech to say so. By all means, don’t hesitate to continue by going into specifics there, will you? While I'm sure you could scrounge to together a couple of legitimate concerns in each category (probably not the Christian values one, though, come to think of it) I fail to see how these are under any significant threat. More paranoia, I suspect.

<<… that great thinkers like Shapiro, Peterson, Steyn and so many others are warning about.>>

(“Great thinkers”. I like that.)

Much of their hysteria is overblown. Like Jordan Peterson's concern over Canada’s Bill C-16, which he has since been corrected on.

<<That so many fail to understand how we got here from there and fail to understand how easily it could all be lost, is the reason some think "the world is going to pot" ...>>

Yeah, there’s also the ‘thoughtless pessimism’, which Pinker mentions in the video I linked to. You sound like you're dangerously close to tipping over into that destructive mode of thinking.
Posted by AJ Philips, Friday, 25 May 2018 3:40:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
runner

I understand you believe Earth was created around 6 thousand years ago.
If you have that belief:

Why do we not see dinosaurs on Earth today, weren't all creatures taken on board the ark?
There are artefacts of several other smaller creatures not seen, why?
How were oil and coal formed?
Pyrites forms under extreme heat, the heat required doesn't allow for organisms to live, what is your explanation?

You suggest climate change science is a religion, but, where are the god/gods or spirit beings?
There is objective evidence that CO2 and methane can take up and hold warmth
Posted by ant, Saturday, 26 May 2018 10:02:58 AM
What an excellent example of the irrelevance of religion to behaviour.
The article pitches Christian against Jewish gods without even considering that gods are purely the inventions of man. This article could well have been written with the words Christian" and Jewish" supplanted by Muslim and Hindu and carried just as much credibility.
Posted by Ponder, Saturday, 26 May 2018 10:18:37 AM
Ant: The bible says, apparently? Do not cast your pearls (wisdom) before swine. Yet you keep casting them in runner's direction. Who treats absolutely everything not inside his personal bubble, no matter how objective, sound or proven beyond question as this or that fantasy.
His flecked with foam and froth abusive replies. Demonstrate beyond question. A person clinically incapable of following the master's evocations, but makes it up as he, like all antichristian conservatives, goes along. Which is usually another hate-filled rant and against every evocation of the Christ he claims to believe in? You can waste your valuable time? But why bother?
This person has no Christian philosophy as taught by the master! Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Saturday, 26 May 2018 11:51:48 AM
runner's all right.

A minority sticking by his principles.

Meanwhile exit polls for the Irish Abortion referendum being counted right now

predicts Landslide for Yes to legalising abortion in Ireland.

see http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2018/may/26/irish-abortion-referendum-result-count-begins-live

at 6.17pm May 26, 2018, Sydney time.
Posted by plantagenet, Saturday, 26 May 2018 6:29:35 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. All