The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > 'Return of the Mummy': Mahathir Mohamad and the Malaysian elections > Comments

'Return of the Mummy': Mahathir Mohamad and the Malaysian elections : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 11/5/2018

This election result is only surprising if one considers the seemingly immutable nature of BN's rule, which has lasted six decades and resisted change with studied fanaticism.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Joe,

None of those things. I don't give two hoots about Malaysian politics. I just find it bizarre that a 92 year old man would want to reenter politics and that the Malaysian people would permit it. I've been there a couple of times, and the Malays seem to be easy going, and there is no particularly strong Islamy feeling. No, Alan B was the problem. I rarely have the patience to read his long, ignorant diatribes; but he chose to deem me ignorant - tortured though his grammar is, I did understand it - so I returned the compliment. Simple.

There's no doubt that the outgoing PM was dirty. He is not permitted to leave the country, so he might be getting his comeuppance. And I think that old Mahathir is straight up. He's no friend of Australia, though, but that could be because Keating called him 'recalcitrant’ when both rabbits were Prime Ministers
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 13 May 2018 9:42:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ttbn,

Whatev. So far, after only a couple of days, Mahathir has slapped a ban on Najib leaving the country. He's insisting that he'll observe the rule of law for everyone, including Najib. Not bad for an old bloke :)

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Sunday, 13 May 2018 3:06:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy