The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Folau, ball tampering, protection for religious belief > Comments

Folau, ball tampering, protection for religious belief : Comments

By Graham Young, published 11/4/2018

It is about religious belief, honesty, integrity, the corruption of sport by commerce, the corruption of commerce by personal interest, and the duty of individuals to stay true to their own moral code, even against overwhelming pressure.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Alan B,

What is this XXX business; over indulgence in XXXX?
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 11 April 2018 12:42:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think Qantas and Rugby Australia need to chill for a moment.

According to this idiot, most of us are going to hell for one reason or another. But creating an atmosphere in which people are too scared to voice their opinions eventually backfires.

Itís worth noting, however, that if a white rugby player said that all black people were going to hell for being black, then their censuring would not be so controversial.
Posted by AJ Philips, Wednesday, 11 April 2018 2:34:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes A.J. And left handed folk as well given they knowingly choose to be left handed. XXX After all, in Identical twins, one who chooses to be right handed proves that the left handed one chose to be thus so.XXX Today I'm using by choice, a left handed keyboard and a left handed, bald head comb just to prove how silly the choice argument is! XXX ttbn. XXX's now replace the paragraph spacing I used to use but has been removed by an unknown third party to make my commentary less readable or understandable. XXX Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 11 April 2018 4:02:13 PM
Folau has publicised his position before. His belief system affects absolutely no-one but himself. Condemning people from indoctrination or ignorance displays the intellect of the one judging because it is always about themselves. Meanwhile, Folau is very good at chasing other men around a field for something that looks like a testicle - then showering together before the hotel gang bang with a token woman present. Sounds pretty gay to me.
Posted by HereNow, Wednesday, 11 April 2018 4:33:31 PM
Folau has the right to free speech. That right is not being taken away from him. However, with rights come responsibilities. One of those responsibilities should be a responsibility not to insist on inflicting your bigoted ideas on others.

It is perfectly within the rights of Qantas or any other sponsor to not sponsor a sport because activities within that sport are incompatible with the image the company wants to project. Rugby Australia has two options: to look for another sponsor or to ask that Folau keep his bigoted ideas to himself if he wants to continue to play at that level.

Folau can continue to say whatever he likes - he might just have to do so while pursuing some other activities.
Posted by Agronomist, Wednesday, 11 April 2018 6:58:51 PM
Religionists routinely are still killing hundreds of people every year including homosexuals for their behaviour. Rugby authorities are happy with there drug dependant players sex antics and talk morality! Ditto the AFL management. As for cowboy corporate Australia and all their shenanigans. Well excuse me if I could not give the proverbial rats bottom about what they all think.
Mind you a sex doll that says "No" now that really is a bridge too far for me.
Posted by JBowyer, Wednesday, 11 April 2018 7:58:48 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy