The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Can we afford a renewables-only power supply? > Comments

Can we afford a renewables-only power supply? : Comments

By Geoff Carmody, published 4/4/2018

It's incumbent upon die-hard fans of up to 100% renewables to respond publicly to the multiplied generation and storage capacity arithmetic outlined here.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
ALTRAV, clearly, since you are unwilling to share we me, and the good readers of this site, any links, facts, research, peer reviewed articles etc supporting your assertions, I can only assume there is no evidence to back them up. Therefore there’s really no way I can conduct a meaningful conversation with you.

Sadly, your refusal to do so actually absents you from any credible input on this topic, no matter how strongly you hold your opinion. Good day to you, Sir. :-)
Posted by GJOESQ, Thursday, 12 April 2018 11:24:03 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
GCQesq;
Sorry about that I gave it my own m/c's storage location by mistake.
This should work;

http://tinyurl.com/yb85rk8o

Lots of other interesting bits on that site.
Yep, it does work.
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 12 April 2018 4:20:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
GJOESQ, your dismissive attitude is at best arrogant, at worst is one of extreme bias. You are not in a position of authority on this topic. I have told you repeatedly, my evidence is historic and broadcast for all to see. These 'facts' I quote are from articles and publications of past. If you think your continual badgering for evidence gives you some kind of intellectual high ground, you are mistakenly delusional. It appears it is you who are set in your views. Sadly it is you who should be absent from this topic, as your input is biased towards renewables. Mine is neutral because the evidence I have garnished over the years clearly demonstrates a need for further development. Finally I agree with you, there is no way I can conduct a meaningful conversation with you, until YOU have read both sides of the argument and not your biased version. Sadly, YOUR refusal to do so actually absents YOU from any credible input on this topic, no matter how strongly you hold your opinion. Good day to YOU Sir!
Posted by ALTRAV, Thursday, 12 April 2018 7:39:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2542435118300485?via%3Dihub

The renewablistas and their glee club publications would have us believe we don't need nuclear, just gas backup for solar and wind (with some quaintly referring to biomass, as if that has a show in hell). This will keep us in a holding pattern, emitting GHGs, while amazing breakthroughs are made in scalable, viable storage, after which we'll all live happily ever after. (and that's without addressing transport fuels)

That's not a plan, it's a shot of hope in the dark, with less chance of success than fusion, which is always claimed to be just around the corner (then the next corner, then the next, then......).
Posted by Luciferase, Friday, 13 April 2018 8:13:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy