The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The temptations of ball tampering: Steve Smith's Australian team in South Africa > Comments

The temptations of ball tampering: Steve Smith's Australian team in South Africa : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 26/3/2018

An injunction against ball tampering may well be enforced but players have been engaged in affecting the shape and constitution of that red cherry since the game took hold on the English greens.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
I played cricket as a junior was a handy in-swing bowler and I understand what was done ..... its interesting that in most major sports cheating is pretty normal, soccer player take dives abuse refs, rugby ..... cheating is SOP .... you test the ref all the time, same in NRL.....

So why is cricket different ?
My only real criticism is Australian hypocrisy, every country in cricket would have done ball tampering, the Australian's got caught as have other countries.

I don't personally feel shame or morally outraged as even at the mug level sport I played cheating is common practise. The problem for elite sports people they have dozens of cameras pointing at them, I played senior rugby in the main Sydney comp.... I cheated all the time especially in Line-outs ..... I used to get away with heaps no cameras to catch what the refs did not see. For me to be morally outraged would make me a hypocrite.
Posted by RightSaidFred, Tuesday, 27 March 2018 8:32:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You rejecting truth is mise does not change it.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 27 March 2018 9:27:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy