The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A new president, the same ANC: Lessons from 2008 > Comments

A new president, the same ANC: Lessons from 2008 : Comments

By Benjamin Hale, published 12/3/2018

There are many reasons to be sceptical or even concerned about the ANC under a Ramaphosa presidency.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
The important horror story from South Africa is that they have passed a bill that will allow them to take over the farms of white South Africans WITHOUT COMPENSATION, according to an article by Frank Chung in the Sydney Morning Herald a couple of weeks ago. None of the usual uproars about racism over that!
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 12 March 2018 8:26:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ttbn.

I wouldn't worry on that score. The ANC is in disarray. As stupid and corrupt as the ANC is, they are not stupid enough to attempt that one. At least not yet, but rumours persist, which stoke paranoia among the whites!

There is a campaign on at present to encourage white SA expats, back to the country in an attempt to improve the economy.

And also hopefully a positive sign, is the anti corruption commission. The best way to imagine the running of a country by the ANC, Is to imagine Australia governed by ATSIC. What hope?
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 12 March 2018 9:28:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
dd,

I think you'll find that it's the Zimbabweans who are wanting to get their white farmers back.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 12 March 2018 9:48:51 PM
Dear Benjamin

Having recently read your article published on truth-out, on the 30th of March, I wished to give you the perspective of a native white South African, still living in the country.
My government wants to kill me, and it wants to kill anyone they can find in the same ethnic group as me. I'm sure you've seen Zuma singing of killing us before, to chanting crowds. I'm sure you've seen Julius doing the same. I'm sure you've seen him speaking of the slaughtering of white people, and the reports by our local news networks giving testimonies that Julius himself was aiding in the arming of black people to attack white people in rural areas, since that is where they are most vulnerable. I'm sure you've heard of the Walkerville Family Extermination, wherein a wife was raped, beaten, had a broken glass bottle shoved into her genitals and was then executed along with her husband, while the attackers drowned their young son in boiling water, and continuing then to disembowel their family pet. I can't contact you via email, or I would write much more, but let me just say that right now this country is on the verge of civil war, with the government actively supporting the mass killing and displacement of a minority ethnic group. This is real, Ben. Thankyou for helping us in our struggle to leave our homeland to avoid government backed execution and displacement, you've been a great help.

Sincerely
Someone who has spent decades living in this country.
Posted by Yes, Sunday, 1 April 2018 9:52:52 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy