The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Tomorrow's grim, global, green dictatorship > Comments

Tomorrow's grim, global, green dictatorship : Comments

By Viv Forbes, published 9/3/2018

The key slogan of the Green religion is

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 13
  9. 14
  10. 15
  11. All
runner knows who his is God is, ateday, and you don't believe there is a god, do you? So why to harangue a man for his faith?
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 9 March 2018 10:53:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Viv

Lock the Gate was set up by farmers to protect prime farm land from exploitative miners. Prime farm land will produce into the long term future. Mines only produce for a relative short period and ruin the land. All farmers involved with Lock the Gate are not sympathetic to the Greens.

Twenty thousand scientists have signed a document outlining the dangerous situation we are reaching in relation to climate change; not all of those scientists are Green, if any.

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/letter-to-humanity-scientists-warning-climate-change-global-warming-experts-a8243606.htmlm

It is highly unlikely the Greens can have much influence globally when there are so few of them globally.

To me "sustainable" means being able to produce enough food, water and shelter for everybody; the implication of what you imply is quite extreme.

When you vent your anger generalising from your straw man examples to the universal, you come up with a mess.

There may be Greens against Hydro power; but, what you say doesn't seem to make sense, please provide evidence.

Governments in the past made huge mistakes in privatising energy, now people are paying for those mistakes. With energy prices soaring, it is driving consumers who can afford to place solar panels on their roof to do so. Market forces are operating in relation to people placing panels on their roof.

Please provide evidence for the points you make in your rant.
Posted by ant, Friday, 9 March 2018 12:12:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Good satire, Viv. Although I think a few people might have missed the joke.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Friday, 9 March 2018 12:55:51 PM
What would they do once they achieve a global government? Perhaps hand this planet to the galactic government? I'd like to see their green faces when the galactic government decides to mine iron and nickel from this planet's core...

Bottom line: any group that interferes with the freedom of individuals to live by their own religion and values will face a larger/stronger group that will interfere with their own most cherished values.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 9 March 2018 1:07:45 PM
'And who or what might he/she/it be runner?'

the One you and every other OLO contributor will bow their knee to. You will face judgement or mercy. For your sake I hope you wake up to yourself.
Posted by runner, Friday, 9 March 2018 2:32:50 PM
There is a snip of reality in the post.
The fundamental source of the green philosophy from the Deep Green
generators of policy, is that world government is their ideal.
Now, I suspect that the majority of greenies find that idea to be
the hight of stupidity.
However they like all the other policies.
Some of those policies are impractible, and others are accepted by all.
Such as keeping plastics out of the oceans.

It is horses for courses as they say.
The problem I have is that the general greenie policies are off the planet so to speak.
Their attitude to electricity generation is insane.
It also lacks an understanding of primary school mathematics
to say nothing of electricity.
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 9 March 2018 3:36:13 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 13
  9. 14
  10. 15
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy