The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > World Hijab Day > Comments

World Hijab Day : Comments

By Russell Grenning, published 9/2/2018

You can be forgiven for missing World Hijab Day – I did – but it happened on 1 February.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
No, never heard of it and didn't want to hear about it.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 9 February 2018 8:54:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I missed as well, along with Mexican hat day.

Can't say I lost too much sleep for having missed the sign of, in your face, female subjugation.

Which is all it really represents to me. Especially as it is alleged voluntary dress code and just not applicable to all branches of Islam.

In fact to just a vocal medieval minority!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 9 February 2018 11:54:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What is good in shielding Muslim women, from modern society, is good for Christian Nunns.

Both headscarf traditions started in the Middle Ages and continue amongst women who know their place in male led religions.

Behold http://denvercatholic.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2015/02/WEB5-924x590.jpg

and

http://www.staradvertiser.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/web1_WORLD_NEWS_SYRIA-MIGRANTS-BRAZIL_12_LA.jpg
Posted by plantagenet, Friday, 9 February 2018 4:39:39 PM
Well, well. So there appears to be (judging from this article), a sizeable global population of Muslim women, actually happy to wear the hijab.

As there were/are a sizeable group of Christian women, equally satisfied wearing a religious habit.

Maybe feminist agitators in the West, should digest the facts before imposing protest for a change in another's lifestyle, and mind their own business!
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 9 February 2018 5:44:29 PM
It's an imposed medieval female subjugation tradition.

Yes Christian women wore head scarves and such, particularly when in their church and as a mark of respect?

But those practises are very rare in an emancipated world, just the vestiges of medieval custom and patriarchy!

Why today even Christian nuns have largely dispensed with the habit and now wear what other women wear.

Diver's right and it's none of my business; and only commenting here, because it's the topic!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 9 February 2018 6:38:18 PM
The Muslim scarves and black sheets that women are forced to wear. You dont as a baby come into the world, thinking, "Oh, I want to cover myself with a black sheet and headscarf". Its plainly a construct of the societies these women live in.

It is a relic of the dark ages, and dark thinking, it doesnt belong in Europe, where people are hopefully centuries more advanced in their thinking.

Europeans need to stand up and be counted in their opposition to backward scieties trying to impise their ideas on a superior more advanced culture.

No, thats not racist. Europe and Western societies are superior, in the advancements they have made. There have been advanced societies in history and they are the societies that have taken mankind forward. They are not perfect and they have failings, but nowhere near the failings and backward thinking of other societies, who squash any kind of free thinking.
No! it is not the Hijab and black sheets that are the way forward for mankind. It is the advanced societies like Europe.
This should be proclaimed loudly and clearly, especially by the European and Western countries themselves. The muslim, extreme facist religion is not acceptable in Europe or in the world in general. It represents evil dark age thought processes.
It must be fought and resisted. Come on Europeans and Western people grow some
intestinal fortutude and resust this now, or you will certainly find yourselves resisting it
in wars and conflict.
We in Europe today, owe the muslims nothing and we shouldnt let them take the only homeland our children have.
Its as simple as standing up now and saying, no! we do not accept muslim law or dress in European countries. There are plenty of muslim countries they can go to, we do not have to accept this. It is not what we want for our children and their children, and it really is a fight for their future, dont take the idea, she'll be right Jack. There 's a time to make a stand. And this is the time.
Posted by CHERFUL, Saturday, 10 February 2018 8:55:41 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy