The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Assisted dying is a simple choice > Comments

Assisted dying is a simple choice : Comments

By Everald Compton, published 1/2/2018

I don't want to live if a time arises when I have no quality of life. At this point, I want out immediately.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Dear HereNow,

You say that there is no sin, then are we all united with God already?

'Sin' is a term from archery. It means "to miss the mark".

I assume (please forgive me if I am wrong) that you never consciously aimed to be with God, but you cannot deny that others have so aimed. Are all those others in fact with God by now? Have they all reached their target? If even one person hasn't [yet], than there's sin for you.

«Religion has a great deal to answer for»

If by "Religion" you mean such organisations that claim to represent God and to possess the sole roadmap to Him, then I agree.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 7 February 2018 9:30:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I agree with Alan B's assessment that "quality of life" is subjective. If assisted suicide is allowed it should only be in certian cases. Not to someone who has suffered a loss and doesn't know how to live through it. For crying out loud there are young people who've suffered greatly and are encouraged to continue on. They are an encouragement to redefining "quality of life" to be something that never gives up, and never surrenders. And can find life worth while even if it holds less then the average person's potential.
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Friday, 9 February 2018 4:13:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy