The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The loss of the eternal > Comments

The loss of the eternal : Comments

By Peter Sellick, published 5/1/2018

Nihilism has become the order of the day. Death, the enemy of the eternal, has become the final and omnipotent power.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Dear Taylor,

Man IS this shell, this body - which will surely die.

Yet You, who at present seem to dwell in this body, cannot die and cannot be separated from God because truly You ARE God.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Sunday, 7 January 2018 8:37:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yuyutsu writes: “Yet You, who at present seem to dwell in this body, cannot die and cannot be separated from God because truly You ARE God.”

Yet, somehow this ‘You’ (capital ‘Y’), can change unrecognisably because of what happens to the brain in the sack of meat in which it resides. Doesn't sound to me like there is a separate ‘You’ at all.
Posted by AJ Philips, Sunday, 7 January 2018 10:04:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi, AJ Philips, It may help if you regard "Y"ou as an expression of innate spirituality. It transcends bodily death and influences future existences in whatever form these may occur.
Posted by Ponder, Sunday, 7 January 2018 10:43:38 AM
Once upon a time an Anglican priest would have believed and quoted Jesus when it comes to heaven hell and eternal life. Peter would be far better going to the words of the One who rose from the dead assuming he still has some sort of faith.
Posted by runner, Sunday, 7 January 2018 10:44:07 AM
Ponder,

Yes, I did consider that possibility. However, I have been reading Yuyutsu's posts for many years now, and, from my understanding of his theology, this 'You' of which he speaks should (ideally, at least) be doing what it can to "come closer to God" (while somehow, at the same time, being God). Therefore, it seems to me that this 'You' encompasses more than a mere inate spirituality, and extends into the conscious realm - which is where my point becomes a problem for it.
Posted by AJ Philips, Sunday, 7 January 2018 12:13:43 PM
One of the things that is eternal is the mighty irrefutable truth, If you can believe in nothing else, believe in that.

If you believe it you'll see it. And you don't have believe in a higher power or creative force! Just yourself and a common dream backed by the power of truly positive, [it's possible,] thinking!

And if you want a better world for yourself?

Work to make it better for all. After all, the entire universe is just energy in this or that transmuted form, including you and I.

And given energy can neither be created or destroyed. It follows that energy is eternal as is everything in the unified field of energy, we call the universe.

Can the universe think, feel or dream?

Well you and I can and we are an integral part of it and together unified in one positive, for good purpose, we have unimaginable power!

If any part of this world is improved in any way at all, it benefits all of humanity, either directly or indirectly, sooner or later.

As proof I give you China and any number of raggedy ass communities, where the leaders have actively worked to improve the common lot.

How much better could we do it, with uncorrupted parliaments, entirely independant courts and an us first, cooperative capitalism paradigm/approach?

Politicians, one and all. Stop with divide and rule crap. Real leaders unite their people behind common purpose.

People. Use your power as a unified group to dream a better world for all with positive visionary dreams that are both lucid and creative.

Then do what is physically possible (your part) to realise it, bring it into reality!

What do you have to lose? Me, me, me? Doom and gloom? Negative, it can't be done thinking?

A happy and prosperous new year to all and from the bottom of my heart.

Pete: If you wish an injection of something for me? Make mine bismuth 2/13, with a dash of antibodies!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Sunday, 7 January 2018 5:49:00 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy