The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The ABCs of Trump's political demise > Comments

The ABCs of Trump's political demise : Comments

By Alon Ben-Meir, published 29/12/2017

As we approach the end of Trump's first year in office, it seems appropriate to survey his performance and his outlook for the future.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. All
Actually Shadow Minister, Trump must be about the cleanest president ever, or at least since Reagan. The left & almost the entire media have been throwing everything but the kitchen sink at him for a couple of years, & are yet to come up with anything more than a bit of locker room chat.

Hillary had a cast of thousands, & a budget of millions, trying to find some way of smearing him, also with no result.

The fact is that he has done more to get the US out of the mess that clown Obama had both accidently & intentionally got the country into in just his first year, than most have done in a term or two. In fact he single handedly may have given western civilisation another decade or 2 to prosper.

I don't think anyone can save us now. We are sitting in the "mobs of Roam" stage of our democracies, but Trump may prolong the agony of our collapse for a while.

Lets face it, any society that could elect a Rudd, Gillard or Turnbull to PM, or the traitorous clown like Obama to president, can not have long to survive, & it will be our own that have killed the best that man has produced.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 4 January 2018 8:58:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear mhaze,

Neither is demeaning someone, with personal attacks,
and calling them intolerant or maKing false assumptions
about them - et cetera, is the way to
go. I'm sure you'll agree.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 4 January 2018 10:00:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi SM,

"Politics isn't a popularity contest and people don't attend summits because the host is popular. "

No, indeed, countries send representatives to summits, depending if and how they find them useful to their own agendas. My point is that not too many countries find it useful to give the US the time of day with Trump in power. My bet is that many countries will organise summits, but perhaps neglect to invite the US. As well, that there will be many more bilateral agreements, regional agreements, or agreements between small numbers of countries, that by-pass the US.

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Saturday, 6 January 2018 1:21:49 PM
Luckily, we are now confident that Trump is a stable genius. Not too many geniuses proclaim that they are geniuses, except in a sort of self-deprectatory way, having a go at themselves. Clearly, they're not all that stable. So at last, we have a stable genius in charge of the US. And to a large extent, of the world.

CHU.

Christ help us.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Sunday, 7 January 2018 3:41:37 PM
Come on Joe.

The alternative was Hillary. Surely you must admit the world has had a lucky escape with Trump, rather than Hillary.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 7 January 2018 7:21:57 PM
Has been,

Neither of the above. Both are/were crap. There's a hell of a lot of it around. With three hundred million people, why on earth can't the American people pick better candidates ?

This is absurd. Ridiculous. Surely nobody would contemplate that crap Clinton and crap Trump are the only, or best, candidates ? I'm inclined to agree with Yuyutsu and retreat into my cave, living on lichen and bat droppings.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Sunday, 7 January 2018 8:27:40 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy