The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The ABCs of Trump's political demise > Comments

The ABCs of Trump's political demise : Comments

By Alon Ben-Meir, published 29/12/2017

As we approach the end of Trump's first year in office, it seems appropriate to survey his performance and his outlook for the future.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
Dear mhaze,

I would like to correct an error that you've
made. The person who made the comment about
Donald Trump that I cited earlier
was actually a she, not a he. My typo.
And she is more than qualified to have made
that comment. It was American Humorist and
New York treasure - Fran Lebowitz.

My apologies for being in a hurry that day in
my posting - hence my error.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 1 January 2018 12:11:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
cont'd ...

It appears that I am intolerant?

Who knew!

I know that I have good people skills -
I've got references to prove it. But,
I have to admit - it is dealing with idiots
that needs more work.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 1 January 2018 12:17:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,

Well the words you put in quotes, even though it seems no-one actually said those exact words, were sort of said by both James and Lebowitz. James' wording was closer to what you claimed which is how I found it.

Also James said it months before Lebowitz so it seems she is more of an astute copier than an astute commentator. Still I'm not sure Lebowitz being a comedian makes your 'astute' assertion more believable.

Either way both they and you were wrong.

" But,
I have to admit - it is dealing with idiots
that needs more work."

Maybe you could start by trying to not just assume that those who see things differently to you are idiots. Perhaps they are just see things differently and, sometimes, more correctly..see above.
I know its a concept that is probably alien to your thinking but it might be worth a try.

Alan B,

Good to see your regurgitation skills are so well honed. Also nice to see that some people are determined to continue the totally discredited meme about Cuban health systems. There are innumerable places where the truth is covered but this is as good as any...
http://blog.acton.org/archives/90402-the-truth-about-cubas-health-care-system.html

As to Kansas, well the least said about your failure to understand the better.
BTW after the tax cuts the Kansas unemployment rate fell to 3.7%. Are you in favour of more jobs?
Posted by mhaze, Monday, 1 January 2018 2:12:49 PM
Dear mhaze,

Practice what you preach - then I shall
take you seriously.

Until then - you're merely proving my point
brilliantly.

Thank You.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 1 January 2018 4:45:34 PM
"Practice what you preach"

The only possible interpretation of that is that you see me also serially labelling groups of 'others' as morons simply because they hold views different to mine.

I look forward to you providing evidence or examples of that.

I won't be holding my breathe.
Posted by mhaze, Tuesday, 2 January 2018 3:42:50 PM
Dear mhaze,

Kindly read your attacks on me over two
posts on page 6. In response to my short
post on page 5.

I rest my case.

My comments stand.

When you show that you are capable of having
a civil well reasoned discussion with someone
whose views do not agree with yours - then I
shall take you seriously. So far you have not
proven that you are capable of doing precisely
that. Therefore my comments stand.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 2 January 2018 4:44:04 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All