The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Accelerating the share of women in management > Comments

Accelerating the share of women in management : Comments

By David Leyonhjelm, published 19/12/2017

Gender-blind recruitment is a worthy goal, but we are not heading in that direction. Instead we are being encouraged to see gender as the first and most important thing.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
In my rise to informational greatness, I, as a bloke, responded to a

"Well Groomed Receptionist" job advert.

So I wore a wig, low cut dress, alluring perfume and matching lipstick and the jobby was mine.
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 19 December 2017 11:44:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sons, Daughters. They're all our children. And getting the balance right and far more equal is the real priority! Rather than how fast should we accept inevitable, for the better, change and natural justice/equality!

What else don't you like and want put in reverse David? Women playing cricket and what's more, attracting significant crowds, on their own merit!?

Most enterprises do significantly better with a few more women in the boardroom, or at the helm, rather than as now? Their managed/engineered exclusion, courtesy of the old boy's club!?

Now if you want to deal with a real issue affecting our kids David, how about reversing/blocking the drying up of funding for tertiary education and make good that money for the budget by repealing/subsidised super super and negative gearing on residential real estate!? And allow the return of more affordable housing, as the first consequence?

But no, that won't work for a Senator wanting reelection more than actually serving the community? Therefore, needing divisive issues and division to support that" truly noble ambition?"

I dare say, you think your behind the scenes work in parliament committees, that include delaying this and or that? Standing firm against real reform? Has some actual merit?

And would most likely be both astonished and offended if most Australians saw things very differently than you? As you would be, no doubt, if you could but see yourself through their eyes, as they thumb through an extremely short list of less than remarkable achievements, during your tenure as a, massively over rewarded Senator?

And if you think a new gender specific attack, will make the community forget your stand against SSM? Think again buddy!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 19 December 2017 12:41:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'Accelerating the share of women in management'? NO, absolutely not! I hope I am getting the question right. I do not want women in management just because they are women, in fact, it is an arrogant fool who has the Gaul to make such a statement. If we are now being run by PC and the feminists movement, it's no wonder the world economy is in the shite. I will make it very clear; we must NEVER hire on PC. We MUST hire on ability and experience, not even qualifications. Running my own business and being in a family business before that, I can tell you, nepotism, mates and anything driven by PC is a most disgusting, evil way to kill progress, profits and reputations and of course, the business itself.
Posted by ALTRAV, Tuesday, 19 December 2017 11:36:02 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy