The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Weight of history supports Jerusalem as the capital of Israel > Comments

Weight of history supports Jerusalem as the capital of Israel : Comments

By Kate Ashmor, published 8/12/2017

Jerusalem has been at the centre of Jewish life, culturally and spiritually, since long before Jesus Christ walked its streets and long before the advent of Islam.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Vic Liberals with Kate voted this way :" That is until AD70, when all but one wall of the Second Temple was destroyed and the Jews were expelled by the ­Romans ."

This weight of history and Sabra tanks at 59 tons is wobbly. In AD1770 the Botany Bay defences were destroyed by Royal Navy muskets.
That's 1700 years too much weight of history to remove Aboriginal control of Vic and NSW. Arnhem Land expansion into Melbourne will put Liberals in a defensive position.
Posted by nicknamenick, Saturday, 9 December 2017 6:13:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Looks to me that with the widespread opposition expressed to proposals by Zionist supporters to move the capital of the settler state to Jerusalem, they are probably doing a good job of "shooting themselves in the foot". Is helping draw attention to sordid aspects of the state of Israel, which it seems the more many people find out about, the less they support it. Especially mistreatment of rightful owners of the country ie Palestinians.
Posted by mox, Saturday, 9 December 2017 8:45:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Seagull to a chip Pete?

I have to beat you first! And then, when I don't suffer the ignominy of that stuff coming from above that eats the paint off of the car!

You create quite a lot of it from time to time. And can render the unwary blind, if it finds the eye of the upward gazer.

Lofty statement/squawking, from the writer spruiking from the very top of this thread!

Keep on keeping on, I often find your educated erudite work informative and interesting! And do try and keep those tail feathers tucked in, there's a good bloke.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Saturday, 9 December 2017 10:00:19 AM
If a lie is repeated often enough, i.e., this land is mine, God gave this land to me, it becomes the truth?

And the best most believable lies are always the biggest!

I speak with the absolute authority, given God himself told me so, after he personally handed me 14 holy commandments carved in tablets of stone!

And for a nation who almost to a literal generic man, could neither read nor write!

An all knowing God, who didn't know that? Li, li, la, la, la, li, li, li, li, hey, hey, etc.

There was an exodus that continues to this day. By Jews from around the world who come to claim their divine, (this land is mine, God gave this land to me) inheritance!

And which they will defend against all comers, even the dispossessed, they first threw off it and with any and all means! Li, li, la, la, li, li, la,la, li, li!

Even if that ushers in Armageddon!?

[After all, a divine right remains a divine right!
And given that is undeniable truth! God himself will defend it and the chosen people! So how's that going then?]

Well might we say then, this land (where neither lizard scratches nor buzzard sours) is yours by divine right (glass topped, holy grave site) and welcome!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Saturday, 9 December 2017 10:47:55 AM
Hi Alan B.

[re your Saturday, 9 December 2017 10:00:19 AM comment]

I'm glad you took my praise in good heart.

Without you trailblazing pre-Noon comments through the year, we of the Still Wearing Jarmies/Slippers at Lunch Brigade would be gobsmacked for words, tapped away by our faltering fingers on our Puters.

Which brings me to an observation.

After the shocks that are Trump, Chinese influence, Dual Citizenship, and all those Same Sex Divorces to come.

"Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life" http://youtu.be/SJUhlRoBL8M

Cheers

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Saturday, 9 December 2017 12:43:11 PM
Yes Pete, and absolutely no percentage in looking at it any other way. The Irish and their Australian descendants have a saying.

Don't worry too much about life. After all none of us get out of it alive.

Or, anyone who thinks he needs a psychiatrist, ought to have his head examined.

Cheers, Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Sunday, 10 December 2017 10:00:32 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy