The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > It's the tribe that counts, not the truth > Comments

It's the tribe that counts, not the truth : Comments

By Tim O'Hare, published 14/11/2017

There were some perfunctory 'violence is never okay' statuses shared on Twitter. At worst, there has been undermining of Abbott's description of events and, even worse, celebration of the assault.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Ah, Toni,

"... people's right to call brown skinned-people 'monkeys'!..."

You're talking about Peter Fitzsimons, right? He has first claim on that franchise.

Strange how the Left have amnesia about that.

But answer a simple question: who is going to have the biggest impact on public opinion? A couple of anonymous yobs in a bar or an ageing Lefty newspaper columnist and nationally self-promoted writer of opinion-as-history, married to a nationally-known "TV personality" who is about to snaffle $2 million a year for vacuous posturing?

Both sides of that equation have about equal value, but you choose to load up the yobs with all the guilt.

Get a life.
Posted by calwest, Tuesday, 14 November 2017 2:46:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//You're talking about Peter Fitzsimons, right? He has first claim on that franchise.

Strange how the Left have amnesia about that.//

So... some dude called brown-skinned people 'monkeys' in the past and that makes it OK for everybody to do it? Two wrongs make a right? I don't follow.

I suspect your post would be more meaningful if I hadn't just had to consult google to find out who the bloke was.

Do not make the mistake of assuming that just because I am opposed to racism that I follow the same newspaper columnists as yourself... although I do flip through the SMH from time to time, I usually only bother with the letters rather than the paid opinionists.... and this Fitzsimons bloke doesn't seem to be one of their regulars, because I've not read any of his stuff.

I get most of my news from the BBC.

And I still don't see how any of this excuses anybody of using appalling racial slurs.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Tuesday, 14 November 2017 3:16:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
' Yeah, right on brother! About time somebody stood up to these PC lefties in favour of people's right to call brown skinned-people 'monkeys'!'

glad to see evolutionist have moved on from the myth of brown skin people being less evolved. Was previously one of their dogmas. Just another revision. Mind you I would prefer someone call me a monkey than get smacked in the mouth by some leftist thug full of his own self righteousness.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 14 November 2017 3:16:20 PM
//Mind you I would prefer someone call me a monkey than get smacked in the mouth by some leftist thug full of his own self righteousness.//

Really? I'd prefer neither of the above.

Masochists...
Posted by Toni Lavis, Tuesday, 14 November 2017 3:23:10 PM
Let's not ever ever forget what as been done here, by who and for what reason!? Arguably more of the divide and rule crap, that's all that keeps the conservative element in power and gives the tail the right to wag the dog!

Think, before we had One Nation we were one nation not a divided rabble quoting 2,000 year old scripture of indeterminate origin!? As assumed authority! And claimed as a biological/dark age truth! Completely opposite to the mounting genetic evidence, notwithstanding!

Somebody needs to be held to account for this attempt to wind the clock back, even as most of the more enlightened world winds it forward!

I ask only one thing. Never ever forget!

Remember what was done here and by who the next time you look at a ballot paper, with any of their names on it and put them where they belong, in the political wilderness!

Is that plane enough for those, who need someone to, please ex-plane? As honest as the day is long, honestly! Ask any, ex one nation, polly/nominee!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 14 November 2017 4:37:08 PM
Looks like the Same Sex Marriage result may have been leaked in advance
Judging by the hysterics of Sweden's World Cup Soccer Team http://youtu.be/VN-W_1PXZmk
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 14 November 2017 5:26:02 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy