The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Was Jesus a terrorist? > Comments

Was Jesus a terrorist? : Comments

By David Leyonhjelm, published 8/11/2017

I had an opportunity to consider this recently when I launched 'Kingdom of the Wicked', a novel written by my former staffer, Helen Dale.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Is there no limit to this man's weirdness? We can blame the damn-fool method of Senate elections for his presence in parliament. He wouldn't get a look in if senators actually had to work to get elected. He is on a par with the sheep poop thrower who also infested the senate for a time. I've stopped reading his articles, and nobody will read his 'staffers' book that he is promoting.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 8 November 2017 8:28:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If Jesus was a terrorist? So also was Gandhi!

Moreover, Jewish rebels were limited to bows and arrows, swords, knives and clubs! Few of which targeted innocent civilians or created unintended collateral damage!

You say you were thinking during your last three years in office David? One would hope so, given there is little evidence of it here in this risible drivel!

Today's terrorist, the real McCoy, has an almost unlimited choice of weapons! Which to date have included cars, trucks, planes, firearms rockets and bombs! And maximised innocent civilian casualties! Feel free to join them as the demonstrated IQ, and lack of perceived normal human empathy, would make you a prime candidate!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 8 November 2017 9:44:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No need to read the book, you have given it all away.
David
Posted by VK3AUU, Wednesday, 8 November 2017 9:52:41 AM
Interesting it is, Jews traditionally treat others, not as they treat themselves: one rule under God for them, while the Gentiles are treated with scant regard.
Loud whaling no doubt, when the Romans reversed the approach on them.

Similarities abound today, as politicians make laws for others, they will never have a need to confront, as the elitist rulers both in and out of power.

Take Howard's mandatory sentencing regime, which has reduced previous discerning powers of a judge, to no more than a human rubber stamp, leading to iniquitous penalties to offenders, and over-use of incarceration and injustice as a substitute.

http://www.onlineopinion.com.au/view.asp?article=1298&page=0

The people have lost power and influence over hostile and anti-civil activities of politicians.

Believe whichever historic view of Jesus you like, all point to a passivised radicalism.
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 8 November 2017 10:07:56 AM
Jesus not a terrorist in Rome as Pontius Pilate judged him innocent . " Led by the Zealots, they use IEDs, conduct raids and shoot people – both Romans and Jewish collaborators. There are no suicide bombs but plenty of dead bodies, with a particularly vicious attack on an abortion clinic."

Yes but , no but , but Jesus didn't do stuff . Even if he ram-raided an ATM of Commonwealth bank to protest money laundering he wouldn't get the men in black with stun grenades and helicopter gunships. If Buddha made ICBM missiles aimed at New York he'd be destroyed . Does that mean the Trump-Turnbull axis of evil is against Jesus and Buddha ?

It was Jews who arrested Jesus and some Islamic countries ban churches today. They are worse than Australian laws against planning to cause explosions . If the bishop of Sydney makes bombs he's gone.
Posted by nicknamenick, Wednesday, 8 November 2017 10:16:46 AM
David shows exactly why he desperately needs Saviour with such warped thinking. How is it possibly to think so rationally in some areas and so warped in others?
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 8 November 2017 10:19:35 AM
Nick off Nick and go play with your nickle plated nickelodeon. You know the one that goes titty bum, bum. Titty, titty, bum.

Q: Why are the authorities planning to bury Nick in a 200 foot deep grave? Presumably after he's dead?

[After all, it can be a little difficult to breathe under so much concrete!]

A: Because, deep, deep, deep down, Nick is a really.really nice bloke!
You'll have a nice day now, y'hear.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 8 November 2017 11:00:19 AM
Recently, stories have appeared touting the feasibility of the Thorium Powered Car, and about the existence and utility of “Thorium Plasma batteries.” The information in these stories is false.

While the Thorium powered Cadillac car is wickedly cool looking, and although Thorium technology has a bright future for production of electricity and other benefits as set forth elsewhere on this Energy From Thorium website, Thorium energy technology cannot be used as an individual unit to power a car, for a multitude of reasons such as women drivers .
Posted by nicknamenick, Wednesday, 8 November 2017 11:42:31 AM
How can you possibly regard a person that never existed, as a terrorist?
Was Robin Hood a Terrorist?
Is the Easter Bunny a terrorist?
Posted by TheAtheist, Wednesday, 8 November 2017 3:53:34 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Great Question The Atheist.

Particularly when we all know, you're nothing more than a figment of Nick's overworked feverish imagination.

From nothing came nothing and nothing that was not made remained forever, unmade. And nothing to write home about!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 8 November 2017 4:16:13 PM
( erm..cof..cof) the idea is about Roman law using parallel examples.
If Jesus didn't exist there was no use in him grinding Thorium in his Dad's workshop as Romans don't pay for electricity . No pc no cash.
Posted by nicknamenick, Wednesday, 8 November 2017 4:41:53 PM
'How can you possibly regard a person that never existed, as a terrorist?'

not a surprising from a dumbed down generation incapable of thinking.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 8 November 2017 4:46:36 PM
“The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The man who was rich from Thorium also died and was buried. In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this reactor.’ “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good molten salt, while Lazarus received the bills for expenses, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. And besides all this, between us and you a great research bandwagon goes astray, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us."
Posted by nicknamenick, Wednesday, 8 November 2017 5:02:29 PM
It is one thing for the Atheist to deny the existence of God, who might or might not exist, but to deny the existence of Jesus Christ, an historical, documented human being is just plain dumb.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 8 November 2017 6:45:34 PM
Runner - think for a change instead of accusing others.
ttbn - can you site one piece of evidence which supports that Jesus ever existed?
Posted by TheAtheist, Wednesday, 8 November 2017 8:16:16 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If Jesus was a terrorist, then he was a good terrorist!

Somehow the word "Jesus" raised such strong emotional reactions that all previous posts missed the article's main point - the increased intrusion by government into our lives on the pretext of "fighting terrorism".
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 8 November 2017 8:59:11 PM
TheAtheist,

That's the same as doubting that an figure in history existed.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 8 November 2017 10:24:30 PM
TheAtheist has been brought up with the notion that if you say a lie often enough it makes it true. Stops him from having to think.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 8 November 2017 10:42:58 PM
Imagining the Roman Empire in a modern day post industrial revolution setting is an intreasting idea, but there's a few things the article left out. Rome had two kinds of people legally. Roman citizens and non-citizen. Rome was an expanding empire that conquered more lands. Most conquered came under Roman rule did not become citizens with the rights of a citizen. With that in mind there was a lot of corruption from those collecting taxes for Rome, and cruelty from Roman soldiers. Basically a lot of unrestrained power with no care to the conquered subjects of Rome unless they somehow became Roman citizens. As long as they paid taxes and didn't revolt, Rome didn't care what they did or how they worshiped.

Jesus wouldn't have been counted as a terrorist until much later in his ministry when the Pharasies accused him of starting His own kingdom, these subverting Rome. Up till then if Roman officials noticed Jesus they might have noticed His teachings to respect authority, and His miracles. After all if Jesus taught to respect authority within a rebellious people, I think they would support that. Even allow Jesus to clear out a temple of merchants. If they heard that Jesus could perform miracles, they'd likely respond like they did in the gospels. Hope to meet Jesus and see what He could do for them. (Or see if Jesus would do them a miracle to be let go.)

The article paints Rome in a different light then I'd say they deserve. (Not to mention misrepresenting Jesus entirely.)

As for the powers to handle terrorists. This is a growing issue for all nations right now. Some power must be given to fight terrorist and you hope those you give that power to are trustworthy. But not doing anything will result in the mounting terror that has occured across Europe. Doing nothing means easy targets to terrorists.
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Thursday, 9 November 2017 4:32:55 AM
Was Jesus a terrorist? Of course not. What he was, was someone who started a cult. Throughout the ages, and even today, we have millions of people 'looking' for guidance or anything, because they are too inept to take control of their own lives. In one way it's not a bad thing, but I choose to believe otherwise. Just look at some of these pathetic so called religious groups. They are in fact cults. The guy at the top is very charismatic and capable of 'seducing' thousands of people, with one objective in mind, to extract money from the people and have the ability to control them. All such people wore this tag. Jesus, Mohamed and all the other so called religious leaders of one faith or another. I choose to believe there is no god. So until I get absolute proof I will stick to the scientific way of determining one of the biggest con's in the history of mankind.
Posted by ALTRAV, Thursday, 9 November 2017 8:02:44 PM
To ALTRAV.

Some books that I've heard recommended for those looking for proof.

•Case for Faith or Not God's Type

•Cold-Case Christianity: A Homicide Detective Investigates the Claims of the Gospels

•Forensic Faith

•The Case for Christ: A Journalist's Personal Investigation of the Evidence for Jesus

Something I said on OLO, if it's important enough to find, then you have to search for it yourself. Don't expect a Christian or anyone of another faith to drag you to proof if you don't care about finding it anyways. If it's important to you the burden is yours to seek it out.

That said good luck. Most prople I know that try to do good within their faith aren't trying to make money from it, like a business or a cult. And in some cases people go out of their way at their own cost, to travel and help those in need while also telling the gospel. Missionaries.
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Friday, 10 November 2017 3:35:52 AM
Not now soon, I applaud your comments. I am not putting 'people' down I am putting the religious leaders down. People are are generally good, a little naive possibly and lacking in personal convictions, definitely. That said, I grew up in a catholic environment, boarding school, the works, so I have a history and a better knowledge of God than a majority of people. If you are eluding to the point that in 'looking' for God I will in fact find him in me, as has been previously suggested, then I'm sorry, that's not proof of God. I understand you are a believer, and good for you. I'm not going to debate if there is a God, on this post, as it is about whether Jesus was a terrorist or not. If I am to take todays definition of the word terrorist, then he definitely was not. My comments are in reply to this one question and no more. I am however curious as to what the questioner meant by this strange question. Does he/she have evidence of terrorism activity in the life of Jesus?
Posted by ALTRAV, Friday, 10 November 2017 8:25:10 AM
The action the Romans took was to imprison the apostles and persecute Christians who weren't being nice to pagan gods such as some emperors. Then some fraternal head-banging in Rome between Christian groups and religious dialogue of IRA and Prods backed up by explosive arguments led to prison.

There are local records of Anglicans assaulting Catholics at their church 120 years ago . However Jesus and Anglicans weren't arrested by NSW Police and Mozzies aren't arrested when praying in the street at Lakemba mosque. The killing time in Scotland made problems for Prods but the only persecution today is funding cuts for Catholic education with bishops assaulting Canberra. Without capital punishment Jesus should be OK.
Posted by nicknamenick, Friday, 10 November 2017 9:02:01 AM
IN the lefties eyes anyone who does not agree with them is a terrorist. IN my eyes and I suspectn strongly God's eye that anyone who assists in murdering the unborn is a murderer.
Posted by runner, Friday, 10 November 2017 10:40:23 AM
The fact is that Jesus Christ was a social engineer that the Jews failed to understand, and had murdered. He proposed representative democracy, and it was adopted by the English when the Magna Carta was firstly made on Runnymede and enacted as a Statute in 1297. The Magna Carta is the practical enactment of the passage from the Book of Matthew Verses 15-20 which the Pope in Rome annulled. It was made a Statute in 1297. The English Roman Catholics were a rebellious bunch, and chafed under dictation from Rome. The only problem with the KJV Authorised version, is that in Matthew 18 verse 17 the translation from the Greek word “ecclesia” was “church” when it should have been “a gathering of the people” . That translation would include the Parliament and a ‘court” with a jury.

Because there is a serious prohibition on one person judging another in Matthew 7 Verse 1, no Judge sitting without a jury, to find facts, can be a Christian. The Parliament of the Commonwealth as the gathering of the people has relying on the blessings of Almighty God enacted as law the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights which incorporates the principles of the New Testament into the Laws of the Commonwealth. This is breached daily by almost every Judge and Magistrate in the Commonwealth. David as a Senator ought to lead the charge to have the Court of Disputed Returns accept that S 16 and 34 are still in the Constitution and there are no disqualified Members or Senators, on the orders of any Judge or Judges. The Parliament of the Commonwealth starts each day with the Lord’s Prayer. As the Supreme Parliament of the Commonwealth it is the embodiment of the teachings of Jesus Christ. For where two or three are gathered together in my name there am I in the midst of them. That 226 are gathered together from all parts of the Commonwealth makes this a very powerful “ecclesia” not to be trifled with. The Parliament when petitioned is the ultimate Court of Appeal not to be denied
Posted by Peter Vexatious, Saturday, 11 November 2017 9:25:30 AM
Peter
You feel that a jury is pagan and so can judge people? Or a jury is not composed of humans? The ecclesia decides on sins but is not judging? A parliament with pagans , atheists and Muslims has Jesus in its midst? Magna Carta which arranged for judging by peers is not Christian but is Christian ? King John was right to ignore the barons for judging him and his 51% Christianity out-voted them?
Posted by nicknamenick, Saturday, 11 November 2017 11:24:37 AM
To ALTRAV.

[I understand you are a believer, and good for you. I'm not going to debate if there is a God, on this post,]

You might not know this but this statement has given me a lot of thought. I think I have spent too much time on here with people who only want to debate about God existing. It's not a point I should continue, expecially if it goes nowhere.

Thank you for your thoughtful tone and your explanation. I agree with your point about religous leaders sometimes. Wish I didn't, but it's the world we live in unfortunately. I've heard stories about catholic schools, none of them plesent stories.

I appreaciate your comments too. Hope you continue in your approach on the topics I read.
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Friday, 17 November 2017 7:18:05 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy