The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > NEG: the energy policy you have when you aren’t having an energy policy > Comments

NEG: the energy policy you have when you aren’t having an energy policy : Comments

By Don Aitkin, published 24/10/2017

Oh well, it all has to be approved by COAG, which meets in November, and the whole exercise so far smacks of the back-of-envelope calculations that people make excitedly in hotel bars.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
This article only confirms my own confusion regarding the regulatory system for electricity in Australia. Moreover, I’ve tried to research info, for my own blog, on why electricity prices continue to rise, and have gotten nowhere. I do notice, though, that the author regards Australia’s compliance with the Paris climate agreement as ‘fatuous’ without explaining why. My interest is in renewable energy, disruptive technologies, battery storage, electric vehicles and the like, but it seems that the author is promoting business as usual (as is our current federal government and many state governments, it seems). As to the NEG, we can but wait and see, but I’m very suspicious about the fact that the Feds seem to have a policy of never mentioning clean energy. It’s clear that the movement away from dirty energy is increasing.
Posted by ussromantics, Monday, 30 October 2017 7:55:52 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy