The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Electricity cost dissections: do they reveal – or conceal? > Comments

Electricity cost dissections: do they reveal – or conceal? : Comments

By Geoff Carmody, published 20/10/2017

What's the 'official family' feeding the punter about cost increases within the National Electricity Market (the NEM)?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
So the idea is to build , with public monies, whatever is the most beneficial so the politicians of the day can sell it.
Why bother we have the same result now.
When society is enlightened sufficiently enough beyond a knee jerk reaction when they go to the polls there may be some merit in what is being proposed, but until then, by all means, carry on in the theoretical exercise of 'what to do about"
In the short term, legalise drugs and tax the hell out of them like tobacco and liquor and ban on line gambling by taxing it and making it harder for the morons to lose their money.
Neither of them contribute to social advancement
Those two alone will pay for as many power creation schemes one may desire
Posted by ilmessaggio, Saturday, 21 October 2017 10:45:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Careful there Alan, your prejudice is showing. You are picking up the left method of lying about things.

As I recall Howard took the GST to an election. Bit hard to have "rammed his G.S.T, down our collective throats and against the polled 87% of a representative polled wishes/opinion", when he took it to the only poll that matters.

I employed a Telecom bloke in the Whitsundays as a deckhand. He had taken 12 months leave to get over a nervous breakdown, [family matters]. He was head maintenance bloke at Coffs Harbour.

While working his but off one day, loading 14 tons of stores onto a barge by hand, he said, "gee it's great doing some actual work for a change". We are so over manned, I only get to do a few hours work a week.

Yes government industry is just so efficient. That is why they have 44 clerks to oversee 11 nurses at our local hospital. All up it takes a staff of 147 to man a 6 bed hospital.

Then there was the bloke who built himself 2 racing motor bikes in the government railways workshops, all at taxpayer expense. I could go on, but you should have the idea by now. There is no more inefficient way of doing anything, than having it organised by bureaucrats
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 21 October 2017 12:46:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ah yes the never ever, dead buried and cremated G.S.T. Installed and then taken to the people. Only to be rescued by 9/11 and the shameful Tampa incident! Without which, Howard's motley crew, heading for a landslide defeat!?

I didn't know there was a left method of lying? So Has, I bow to your very obvious expertise in such matters.

Moreover, I'm not the one advocating the use of public money to build a coal fired power station, just your mates on the hard right.

I would not however hand it to bureaucrats to build or manage. But tender out contracts in the usual time tested fixed price way, inclusive of time related penalties.

Those managing the finished project could also be employed on three year contracts? Also the staff. And that being preferred, run like a co-op where the profits and or losses, are shared and the workforce able to obtain the tax treatment applicable to private operators.

Shifts could compete for productivity awards etc.

In the past, government created these monopolies, which instead could have been created as competing duopolies and run as government financed and facilitated co-ops, competing for market share.

On the understanding. This was the most efficient private enterprise free market model we'd ever had! So much so, it stands alone as the only private enterprise, free market business model to mostly survive the great depression, largely intact! And never known to grow too big to fail?

In today's world Has, there's no left or right. just up or down good or bad policies or in or out! And by implication finally allows bipartisan pragmatism to win the day and the argument. Except you can't outlaw stupidity!

The ones with the most to fear from co-ops are unions, because it not only doesn't involve them, but makes them completely surplus to requirement, Ditto the parasitical born to rule drones/leaners! Acquiring all their income on the sweat soaked, bent backs of the lifters!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Saturday, 21 October 2017 3:01:22 PM
Alan B, there is no way all communications can be by radio.
There is enough trouble trying to manage the spectrum now with wifi and mobiles.
There are lots of applications that need a slice of spectrum and it
would be to waste spectrum when it could be avoided with landline of whatever type.
Posted by Bazz, Saturday, 21 October 2017 6:23:10 PM
This whole lot of waffle on the governments new plan for grid
management and power sharing between renewables and other generation
systems seems anything but transparent.

It boils down to me the following question;

Is the demand on a warm still day in summer at sunset less than the
generation capacity ?
Watching the AEMO dashboard display I do not think there is enough
spare generation.
It is interesting to watch the Queensland price go from $85 to $245
per Mwatt/hr in a matter of seconds.
Therein lies a tale ?
Posted by Bazz, Saturday, 21 October 2017 6:36:14 PM
I've listened very carefully to the new energy plan of the coalition and if able, would advise Labor to give it their provisional agreement, as a useful first step they can agree on, improve and enhance!

With the emphasis on technology neutrality!

In other words, officially abandoning their moronic moribund moratorium on the development of peaceful, CARBON FREE nuclear energy!

I mean they're going to look both stupid and archaic if they continue with their verboten line, on all things nuclear! As our nearest neighbour Indonesia, beats us and our ally America, with the development of Molten salt thorium reactors?

Followed and or preceded by, Brazil and South Africa!? And just how diabolically doubled down dumb would that look?

Although not too many Australians with death sentence cancer hanging over their heads, would object to having to fly to Bali for their Bismuth 213 treatment? [Always providing they had secure tamper proof luggage!] Finally, finally made available by, decades overdue, pragmatism replacing puerile, pomposity personified, personality politics!

Some things are well and truly above, who polishes treasury leather!

Particularly pugilistic, pernicious, pugnacious, primordial, Puppet master personalities, regularly 12 minutes late for televised question time? So as to be able to make the grand, Prima Donna extraordinaire, entrance!?

No names no pack drill.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Sunday, 22 October 2017 10:02:51 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy