The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > One Nation in central Queensland could return LNP to power > Comments

One Nation in central Queensland could return LNP to power : Comments

By Gary Johns, published 5/10/2017

Both Labor and the Liberal National Party will pitch for a majority government. But one group of voters may have other ideas.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Anyone who'd do a deal with Adinani, with their history and reputation, needs to go! And good riddance Anna.

As for new power stations some of our antiquated antinuclear regulations need to be revisited, then jettisoned! And all that stands in the way of a new power station and much much lower electricity charges for all queenslanders!

And if they, the coal fired power stations and coal miners, can't stand the heat of genuine competition, the cornerstone of capitalism, then they need to get out of the kitchen!

As for me? I'll likely give the man in the hat another guernsey, even though I don't agree with all of his politics!

I believe he says what he thinks and is about as honorable as pollies get.

Let's hope nobody gets an absolute majority, and his three members hold the balance of power? And then keep the bar stewards honest? A best of many possible outcomes?

Still waiting for that enquiry into the energy sector Bob!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 5 October 2017 1:40:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What are you smoking Alan?

Drop all subsidies, & buy power from power stations on price only, & our power costs, & government spending would drop like a stone.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 5 October 2017 2:19:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What's this “genuine competition”, Alan? It certainly isn't renewables because they are subsidised to the hilt by consumers and taxpayers; and they aren't even reliable. Coal is. All subsidies must go, and the green activists have to be stood up to and sent packing. We have reached the absurd in the energy area. It seems that the politicians are hell bent on ruining Australia just to please a few nutters and rent-seekers.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 5 October 2017 2:46:41 PM
Who said anything about renewables? And if regulations were removed that effectively forbid all nuclear power! Even though,[cheaper than coal,] thorium can't be weaponized!

Power prices could and should come down!

And Has is right on the money, nobody in our energy market ought get subsidies!

And with that done, allow large scale manufacturing, to get up off the floor and back into energy dependant manufacture!

Renewables ought be allowed, if they're able, to compete for market share with all comers! Minus any and all current subsidies! It's already enough we pay the highest energy price in the world? Without being asked to prop up the very sector making those prices inevitable!

After all, the renewables are now supposed to be cheaper than coal? Just a lot less reliable!

And not something the metal smelting industry, running 24/7 arc furnaces can ever rely on! Ditto any and all continuous processes!

As for smoke Has?

I think you are the one making all of it, from the forced activity of a previously unused cerebral cortex?

Doing a mental version of doughnuts, wheel spins, drifts and topped with incredulous, [smokin ears,] wheel stands?

Slow down the tyres are shot and the brake pads are right down to the metal. Moreover there's dangerous curves ahead after a long straight downhill where a cliff joins the side of the bend!

We was going round the bend doing a thousand miles and hour.
When the chain on my bicycle broke and threw me into orbit!
They found me in the wreckage, a dozen days later.
The forks rammed clear down my throat!

You'll have a nice day now, y'hear.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 5 October 2017 6:40:30 PM
Once again: what's the 'competition'?
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 5 October 2017 8:00:43 PM
Competition?

Just remove the risible risible regulations that forbid peaceful purpose nuclear power!

An interesting option is home generated bladder stored methane that's scrubbed and fed into a methane consuming ceramic fuel cell!

Every Australian family produces enough biological waste to generate enough biogas, to power their domiciles 24/7 and with endless free hot water part of the bargain.

Think If ceramic fuel cells replace the customary gas powered diesel, with an (four times better than coal) 80% energy coefficient as part of the combination!

The saleable surplus could be as much as 50% of most averaged production.

Think, if we just started retrofitting up to 6 million Australian homes with the locally invented two tank digester system.

The steel industries here would need to go into overdrive and for the best part of a decade! And we'd never ever run out of gas!

Competition could to come from left field and stand or fall on merit and an ability to compete!

For mine, nobody, but nobody would be able to underprice, walk away safe, molten salt thorium reactors owned and operated by, private entity co-ops!

Competition? Yes please! Just make it real and without any unnecessary artificial or BS restraints!

Then let the chips fall where they may!

If that same scenario sends a few pollies and their troglodyte cronies broke or bankrupt? [Why do you think we're in the mess we're in?]

Who would waste more than a couple of seconds feeling sorry for them, when the writing has been on the wall for a couple of decades!

And don't give me that crap about unproven technologies, if you can't get online to take in a top doc peer reviewed and highly rated doco on the topic of Thorium, where principal presenter, Kirk Sorensen, will lay it out in simple layman's terms, as will the Author of Super fuel, subtitled green energy. Who just happens to be a prize winning investigative Journalist!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 5 October 2017 9:04:04 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy