The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Same-sex parenting and same-sex marriage > Comments

Same-sex parenting and same-sex marriage : Comments

By Eric Porter, published 18/9/2017

To make a properly informed choice about same-sex marriage (SSM), people need to be aware of the shortcomings.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Strong views Foxy? Absolutely!

For starters, we are not being asked to judge homosexual love, with all the connotations, just whether two people who love or are already in a loving relationship, ought be allowed to marry? A virtual birthright for everyone else!

I must admit, I'm no fan of gay men kissing each other in public. But that's another issue. I'm equally embarassed by a hetrosexual couple doing similar. Adults who want consensual conjugal relations? Ought get a room!

Furthermore, absolutely abhor hedonistic men of all sexuality, who live only for themselves and privileged "unprotected" hedonistic lifestyles!

Thus I have issues with slimy weasels, who jump bail rather than face taking responsibility for their actions?

e.g., If someone like Julian Assange was to marry and wanted to adopt kids? And you had the choice between him a couple of exemplary SS citizens, who would rather see raise those kids? The hedonist or responsible adults?

As for whether or not, we agree with single parents raising kids?

I was raised by a single deserted mum. Not everyone has a choice! Moreover, my biological Father knew where I was and simply couldn't be bothered!

However, paid a visit a couple of years before he tottered of the mortal coil, while mum listed the remarkable things I'd achieved, while he listened with apparent indifference.

Yes I think wherever poss. Kids should know their biological parents!

But if you're in an orphanage/gulag for unwanted kids, then a couple of same sex parents, would be a huge improvement!

And subject to the same rigorous standards/character content as applicable to all intending parents.

From time to time was fostered by hetrosexual couples. And received treatment so brutal, you'd have to see to believe.

So, If a SS couple could have been allowed to take on an unwanted/unaffordable kid and provided far safer shelter and exemplary care?

Why exclude them on the basis of completely unfounded prejudice/bias?

Which seems to be the conflating, patently biased, if polite and civil, author's intention?
Y'all have a nice day now, y'hear.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 18 September 2017 11:04:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ja Alan B.

Es wird gesprochen.

Assange, black threads, unt SS* goose-steppen.

* http://youtu.be/MD6oDnm43HA

Groovy Mein Führer!
Posted by plantagenet, Monday, 18 September 2017 12:15:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There is a very good reason to vote no: the Turnbull government won't tell you what it is you'll get in the subsequent legislation. Nor will Labor, the Nationals or the Greens tell you.

Indeed, Turnbull's lot say they won't produce legislation at all, but will wait for a private member's bill to be produced. That's another way of saying, "not our fault".

The only conclusion you can draw from all that is that the powers that be know very well that if their intentions were public, nobody would vote yes.

So, vote yes if you wish, but don't pretend that the parliament will protect civil freedoms and freedom of religion.

Just look at the problems caused by 18c and realise that that's the sort of thinking which will be applied on a much broader basis. After all, they've already begun the process with "temporary" restrictions on freedom of speech.
Posted by calwest, Monday, 18 September 2017 12:27:24 PM
' So, vote yes if you wish, but don't pretend that the parliament will protect civil freedoms and freedom of religion.'

you sum it up well Calwest. The regressives have no problem at all lying. In every country where the marriage act has been fiddled/perverted with we see the results.
Posted by runner, Monday, 18 September 2017 12:31:36 PM
I'll be voting 'No' for entirely different reasons altogether. However someone herein claimed that a child brought up by a same sex couple are no different then one raised by a single family parent, and that's probably true.

From my working experience, children raised entirely by a mother without the guiding hand of a father, can often grow up with serious behavioural issues, especially at school and in the community. Conversely those raised essentially by the father alone, can also act just as defiantly and unruly often they're bullies.

The empirical evidence that I have gained over time, seemingly suggests the best way to avoid raising kids, without all the baggage that many of them have. It's undeniably better to have a good balance between, a mother's love and nurturance, together with a fathers gentle guidance and counselling, when necessary, a firm hand of admonishment.

Some of the kids we've literally had to physically remove from classrooms while the female and male teacher, often cringe behind their desk, abusing and threatening their teacher as we lead 'em away. Initially it used to shock me. That aside I believe, all our kids need a mother and a father, if they are to have the best chance they can in life, they all deserve.

A side issue to this debate...I do wonder why those of the same sex want to marry? To legitimise having children? Or is it to satisfy their own needs? Kids aren't like cute little puppies, if you don't like 'em after a couple of weeks, simply take them back to the pet shop or give them to the RSPCA. You've got them, your responsibility.
Posted by o sung wu, Monday, 18 September 2017 12:38:15 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hey calwest, how about you tell us about all the 'problems' Section 18c of the Racial Discrimination Act that have been caused. And those temporary restrictions you mentioned...well they are similar to what applies with election campaigns. Gonna complain about that too are you? Typical lies and diversions from the 'no' campaigners.
Posted by minotaur, Monday, 18 September 2017 12:47:34 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy