The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > It’s time to underline the importance of fathers > Comments

It’s time to underline the importance of fathers : Comments

By Peter West, published 1/9/2017

Boys grew up expecting to become a father, breadwinner, head of the family and husband of a loving wife.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
Sorry, this got posted on the wrong discussion.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 4 September 2017 10:46:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Years ago when my son and daughter were little, I took them to a fun park.

My son went off to ride the toboggan and my daughter and I went to play mini golf, which unfortunately was closed, so she went and played to the swings and monkey bars and I sat in the shade under a tree.

I notice one mother come and collect her children, and the pattern was repeated time and time again. Until the only child left was my daughter on the play equipment.
Posted by Wolly B, Monday, 4 September 2017 11:16:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
so that shows that.........................?
Posted by Waverley, Monday, 4 September 2017 12:57:44 PM
Big Mama. "Far more children are killed and abused by their mothers, than by their fathers."
That might be so in some communities where many fathers are in jail or just gone walkabout, but I don't think the overall statistics will support your statement.

David
Posted by VK3AUU, Wednesday, 6 September 2017 2:16:07 PM
It appears you're right, David.

http://aifs.gov.au/cfca/publications/who-abuses-children

An overwhelming majority of physical abuse (both fatal and non-fatal) is committed by fathers.
Posted by AJ Philips, Wednesday, 6 September 2017 2:39:55 PM
We seem to have got a long way from fathers.
What the...
Posted by Waverley, Friday, 8 September 2017 12:23:18 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy