The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Beware the moral high ground > Comments

Beware the moral high ground : Comments

By Peter Wilson, published 30/8/2017

Her central tenet of 'don't tell me what to think' is one that has been all too familiar in recent political debates.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Funny how the 'slippery slope' argument hasn't manifested in any of the 25 countries that have legalised gay marriage.
Posted by HereNow, Wednesday, 30 August 2017 4:46:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear R0bert,

«My preference would be for the government to get out of the business of registering relationships between consenting adults.»

I am of the same view.

So what have you got to lose by voting 'No'?

If the majority says 'Yes', then the law will be changed regardless and if the majority says 'No', then pressure will start mounting to repeal the Marriage Act altogether, then we can fight the good fight together.

If you say 'Yes', then you might be contributing towards retaining the Marriage Act for centuries to come :-(
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 30 August 2017 4:46:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
R0bert:

"My preference would be for the government to get out of the business of registering relationships between consenting adults."

Are you not just contributing to the problem by voting YES? You are making a bad situation worse by opening it up to couples who at present do not have that option. If it is wrong for the government to be involved now then SSM makes their involvement even more irrational.

The only logical vote would be NO so as to limit the damage.
Posted by phanto, Wednesday, 30 August 2017 5:34:02 PM
HereNow,

Good point: I'd say it's because they knew Australia would be a harder nut to crack but their accusation of the no votes use of it is so blatantly wrong that the media will be forced, I think, to pick them up on it and to stop pretending their fake journalistic skills are actually as bad as they pretend them to be.

This is an attack on Western Civilisation and its deception all the way down.

Luckily educated people can always tell... are our kids educated enough thus becomes the question. The attack on the church and thus Western Civilisation started a long time ago. We must wake up from the grip of greed to raise our children correctly or they will be tricked into giving away what our families actually died for.
Posted by mememememememe, Wednesday, 30 August 2017 6:00:12 PM
Let's hope that Gays are willing to vote to change words , that's reasonable eh? One marriage partner will be "woman" , one "man" , Mrs and Mr. Then we can all feel safe, warm and fuzzy with bent words.
Posted by nicknamenick, Wednesday, 30 August 2017 6:04:12 PM
Calwest, the attack is not from the left: it goes way deeper than that!

If you define the left then you also define the right: but the truth is its from the extreme and that's also known as fascism!

Attacks on the church are not new: those seeking to bring down Western Civilisation are not new either and to say it comes from the left betrays you as so absurd because you have just defined the right as doing the same.

It's from the extreme: and Western Civilisation is awake to your plans of false debate!
Posted by mememememememe, Wednesday, 30 August 2017 6:12:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy