The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Death of a parliament > Comments

Death of a parliament : Comments

By Everald Compton, published 25/8/2017

In my schooldays in the bush, the farmers around my little timber town often had the unpleasant task of putting down an animal.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Somehow, I think you may agree with me JAYB when I say; all our politicians should attend a quaint little place, just south of Wagga Wagga in NSW. Bearing the interesting title of; No.1 RTB, Kapooka, and spend a leisurely six months or so there. Whereby they'll receive some quite unique therapy learning those most basic of skills, in an endeavour they may soon become a principled and righteous individual. And in so doing, adopting those values, and principles necessary to gain respect from all those around them, for the rest of their lives.

Furthermore, they happen to have a number of excellent preceptors available thereat, who'll willingly dedicate their time and knowledge, to carefully render those important values in ways they'll be easily inculcated into the hearts and minds of those hitherto; ineffectual and ineffective political quislings. So mote it be.
Posted by o sung wu, Friday, 25 August 2017 7:55:22 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Those things we need to set us free and able to once again chart our own economic course/regain our patently purloined economic sovereignty, are quite deliberately withheld! Arguably, by the major parties and a confected competition for votes/power.

Because no matter who wins, nothing much of real importance or vision based reform happens! Just more blah blah blah/theatre of the ridiculous and pollies setting up their post retirement options/lifestyles! IT'S ALL ABOUT THEM!?

Some mealy mouthed examples successful beyond the wildest expectations? With one notable example now owning 123 negatively geared houses! Another with a veritable fortune squirreled away in a tax shelter?

Others with power company or mining shares, that could be rendered virtually worth by the rollout of affordable thorium based power!? WHY DO YOU THINK WE DON'T/WILL NEVER EVER HAVE IT?

And as long as these folk are owned by the real decision makers, nation building decentralization won't happen, or be leaked out at snail's pace, so as to not rock the boat and the tinned people approach that creates the most profit for the money men/media moguls?

Because at the end of the day that's is all that matters to our alleged parliamentarians and the reason we almost alone in the so called advanced nations still do not have a bill of irrevocable rights! Let alone very doable affordable power or truly affordable housing!

Moreover, as long as this remains so, the ship of state can set every inch of economic sail and only advance at a virtual glacial speed due entirely to these two factors/economic anchors, holding us and the nation back!

As this happens, enslaving most of us and our pocket books, like cogs compelled to turn at the whim and caprice of the CONSUMER/MARKET DRIVEN madman at the wheel!

Don't take my word for it, just look at the disappearing middle class and the ever widening gap between the haves and the have nots!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Saturday, 26 August 2017 11:03:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Nothing will change for the better until we rid ourselves of our current electoral system and introduce proportional representation. The UK and US also have the same problem - an outdated, anti-democratic voting system that solidifies oligarchic rule by two interchangeable big parties that are increasingly out of touch and hopelessly corrupted.
Posted by Killarney, Saturday, 26 August 2017 5:49:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hear,hear and well said Killarney!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Saturday, 26 August 2017 5:58:30 PM
A left whinger wants a fresh election. What a shocker.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Saturday, 26 August 2017 6:59:15 PM
Killarney: two interchangeable big parties that are increasingly out of touch and hopelessly corrupted.

Well I can't argue against that. The, "Whatever you're for we're against." The motto of both Major Parties.
Posted by Jayb, Saturday, 26 August 2017 7:16:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy