The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The burka comes to parliament: Pauline Hanson's panto > Comments

The burka comes to parliament: Pauline Hanson's panto : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 21/8/2017

She is immune to critique, let alone criticism, and no doubt plotting the next display that will grab the headlines.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
It seems there's not much energy in burqa ban .
" Former president of the Australian Federation of Islamic Councils Haset Sali said he agreed with Senator Hanson that the burka should be banned in Australia, and that it is a Bedouin hangover that has been blamed on Islam; "
It's the Bedouins ! No hangovers from camel drivers! Postal vote your view on flicking Bediouns , Bedoions ..Budoeinse
Posted by nicknamenick, Monday, 21 August 2017 6:39:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Armchair, no worries about Sarah Young, not even the Islamists take
any notice of her.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 21 August 2017 6:49:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Armchair Critic,

Northern Queensland is where my father hailed from. Rockhampton actually. Lived there for a bit when we weren't in Darwin. Kind of a time warp, do they still wear their knee high white socks?

Darwin in the 70s was probably more diverse than any other place in the country, possibly still is.

So what Northern Queensland city are you from? And do you get a bit concerned visiting the big Southern cities? If so what is your biggest fear?
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 21 August 2017 7:04:47 PM
From Big Nana:
"ISIS fighters are now banning women from wearing burkas . According to The Express, an insider told Al Alam News Network of attacks on ISIS commanders by women wearing burkas and niqabs in recent months."
Unconfirmed rumours from bus-passengers reading The Express headlines suggest Iraqi Muslims , the Koran and Christian troops who support Iraq are banned by IS . EU is banned and Arab countries with airlines to the West , except for IS territory in Syria. In a power grab for the last IS city , commanders banned each other and some escaped in burqas which are available.
Posted by nicknamenick, Monday, 21 August 2017 7:35:23 PM
Dear Armchair Critic,

What nationality was the former Premier of Queensland -
good old Joh (Johannes)?

Where would Queensland be without its Chinese investors?
And isn't Brisbane a city of many nations?

BTW - Pauline Hanson was married to a Walter Zagorski
in 1971.

Try blowing that away.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/brisbane-a-city-of-many-nations-data-shows-20130123-2d7cb.html
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 21 August 2017 7:45:48 PM
Dear Bazz,

I would like to correct a few things for you on
behalf of my parents.

They came out to this country after WWII - as refugees.
(Displaced persons). And their first contribution
to this country were the initial two-year contracts.
Every migrant over the age of 18 had at that time to
enter into a two year contract with the Australian
Government which obliged the migrant to work wherever
directed. The contracts were strictly enforced, even if
it meant that families were split up.

My parents helped to solve an acute labour shortage in
Australia, especially in outlying areas. Along with other
European migrants they "relieved" the shortage of domestic
staff in hospitals, increased the output of building
material, helped to build Australian homes, saved fruit
and sugar crops...maintained railways...worked in sawmills,
brick factories, cement works, on sewerage projects,
water conservation (Snowy Mtns), salt and brown coal mining,
clearing land, quarrying, et cetera.

In other words my parents joined other migrants in the
rebuilding of Australia's capital structures that were to
serve the nation for many decades to come. And their
contribution was significant at a time when Australia
needed it most.

I just thought I would set the record straight.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 21 August 2017 8:06:37 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy