The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Syria: a testament to international moral bankruptcy > Comments

Syria: a testament to international moral bankruptcy : Comments

By Alon Ben-Meir, published 18/8/2017

What happened to the sentiment of 'never again' that was universally embraced in the wake of World War II to prevent calamities such as this from occurring?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Misleading and totalally uninformed garbage.
Note to author: Please do not attempt to use my own conscience to sway my opinion or sell me your own opinion and agenda, especially when you don't even seem to have a real understanding of what is going on there.

If you really want to write a great article, then what you should do is some REAL investigating, like hearing more accurate accounts of the situation (I suggest Vanessa Beeley, Tulsi Gabbard for starters)and follow the arms and money of who is paying for this war.

What are you really doing about it?
You can't even get basic facts right.

To everyone: Assad and his SAA most certainly are destroying ISIS and the Jihadi's, look up Syria war map for a daily account.
I think the address is http://syria.liveuamap.com/
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 20 August 2017 8:41:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As for the commentors:
mox gets a tick and a bonus point for mentioning the Qatari pipeline.

mhaze gets a tick for his effort.

Alan B unfortunately gets an 'x' and fails on this occasion.
Point 1 - Assad was democratically elected;
Point 2 - This war is not a civil war but one that involves numerous foreign states.

jamo gets a tick and a bonus point for mentioning Trump cutting off CIA salary payments (and arms shipments) to so-called Syrian rebels.

Killarney gets a tick and also a bonus point for mentioning Ukraine.
- Some points to note here is that it was Soros and the Obama Admisitration that overthrow Yanukovich in the Maidan, and Republican Senator John McCain head of the Senate Armed Services Committee (and an investor in Ratheon) also supports all these wars.
I'm not exactly sure what she means by patterns and a chicken and an egg thing, but if she is implying that the warmongering is bi-partisan and that Trump is the only one who seems to be making the right decisions then I'd have to say thats a truly standout effort by a self-confessed feminist.
That is if I understand what she was implying correctly.

Ilmessagio gets a tick and maybe a special mention for pointing out the cost of not developing our own weapons if we are buying them anyway.
It's an interesting topic, do we really want to become a war machine?Personally I think we should consider arms purchases from Russia.

Alan c'mon mate, you've dropped the ball, and I know it's because of your bias towards those 'bastard commies'.
USSR fell 20yrs ago, didn't you get the memo?
Putin may not be perfect, but the US is the warmonger.

It's a positive to see everyone else is reasonably well-informed, despite the medias attempt to mislead the general public on this topic.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 20 August 2017 9:37:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Assard democratically elected?

Hands up all those who want to keep a mass murdering/election rigging dictator, supported by another election rigging expansionist "elected" tyrant! Ha ha, ha, he, he, he, ho, ho, ho, Bah humbug!

XXX and fail for any semblance of accuracy AC! I mean in comparable terms even nutters like Herr hitler and or Stalin were elected initially!

That latter going on to murder more of his fellow Russian citizens (25+ million) than those lost in WW11! And consequently the principal role model for an admiring Putin!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Sunday, 20 August 2017 12:15:29 PM
well since we're playing the 'hands up game'
Hands up if you think all of this today began with Bush invading Iraq
Hands up if you think Bush, Blair and Co should have to attone for their wanton destruction of Iraq
Hands up if you believe Syria is none of our business
Hands up if you believe our troops are for Australia's defence and not used for wars of opportunity instigated by other countries.
Hands up if you believe Australia should wage a war against a country because we don't like their elected leader
Hands up if you think Australia should learn to stand on it's own

we could go on forever if peoples arms weren't getting tired
Posted by ilmessaggio, Sunday, 20 August 2017 6:36:56 PM
Was Abbott right? badies against badies with many innocent people affected.
Posted by runner, Sunday, 20 August 2017 7:12:23 PM
Armchair critic

By 'chicken and egg', I meant the author is arguing that only the US can save Syria, when the US via its proxies and allies actively created the war in the first place.

As for Trump, it's hard to get a handle on what he is trying to do. This is compounded by an extremely hostile media that is using his vulgar machismo to discredit what appears to be a significant departure from US imperial policy. Sure, he does the vulgar machismo thing in threatening to bomb North Korea and Venezuela back to the stone age. But then, he shows admirable shrewdness in actively cutting off the scandalous US practice of arming and financing proxy rebels in US regime-change targeted countries.

I honestly don't know what he's up to. He's unpredictable, but I can see he's no fool. Being a 'self-confessed feminist' does not preclude me from keeping an open mind.
Posted by Killarney, Monday, 21 August 2017 12:34:48 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy