The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Queensland’s evangelism ban can’t prevail against law > Comments

Queensland’s evangelism ban can’t prevail against law : Comments

By Mark Fowler, published 10/8/2017

A 2013 ruling, upheld on appeal to the Victorian Court of Appeal, that the sharing of faith by students who had attended religious instructions classes did not amount to a “detriment” to those with whom they shared.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Lawyers, lawyers, so sad!

So sad to see Christians who are supposed to trust in the Lord on high, try solving their problems instead by looking down at the small print of the latrines of civil and international law.

Christians used to obey the Lord alone, defy the Roman law and gaily be fed to the lions - where are they today?!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 10 August 2017 10:41:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yuyutsu.

Firstly, Australian Christian culture has been so diluted by foreign cultures through the immigration process over the years, that Christian morality once considered the back bone of the country, has been usurped by outside influences.

Secondly, this article is about persecution of “Christian children” who take their religious convictions to the school yard. That is sacrificial I would think.

The godless persecuting State, now considers children a threat to its Secular domination, and openly persecutes the children of its protectorate.

So to my mind the question of reason is this; which of the godless law makers for State godlessness, made this law effective?

A couple here, inclusive of myself, finger the teachers union. This is a group on a parallel with the Australian Broadcasting Commission, (the ABC) for rolling their barrow over all and every upholding of traditional Christian cultural heritage, and replacing it with a version of morals unrecognisable to true Australians! (Ask if you will, what is a true Australian, I won't answer, it's a secret)!
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 11 August 2017 8:38:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
we can't have the hopelessly corrupt and immoral lifestyle promoted by secularist to our kids exposed can we? Oh that's right the moral high priest warn the kids of gw. What a joke!
Posted by runner, Friday, 11 August 2017 9:35:30 AM
You can also be sure that Christ' name will continue to be blasphemed on TV, in the school yard and by teachers. Of course they will be far to gutless to blasphemy Buddha or Mohammed.
Posted by runner, Friday, 11 August 2017 9:51:26 AM
Thank you Mark Fowler for a superb article that outlines some of the legal elements that make it reasonable for all children of any faith to share their faith on the playground. I found your assessment very helpful in pointing to the need to revoke what the Qld Education Dept is doing:

<<Article 29 of the Convention on the Rights of the Child, which Australia has ratified, which requires that State education prepare “‘the child for responsible life in a free society, in the spirit of understanding, peace, tolerance, equality of sexes, and friendship among all … religious groups”. Furthermore, Article 14 provides that children enjoy the freedom of religion or belief. International human rights law recognises that the right to religious freedom enfolds the protection of the right to share one’s faith.>>
Posted by OzSpen, Saturday, 12 August 2017 5:30:41 PM
diver dan,

<<A couple here, inclusive of myself, finger the teachers union. This is a group on a parallel with the Australian Broadcasting Commission, (the ABC) for rolling their barrow over all and every upholding of traditional Christian cultural heritage, and replacing it with a version of morals unrecognisable to true Australians! (Ask if you will, what is a true Australian, I won't answer, it's a secret)!>>

I would add some other influences.

Queensland Parents for Secular State Schools, formed from the Kenmore Atheist Community - and promoted by the Atheist Foundation of Australia Inc - and the Rationalist Society of Australia are lobbying for the end of religious instruction in state schools.They want schools to be secular, with no religious influence.

I wonder what part these organisations have in censoring Jesus on the playground.

There is the added issue that churches find it difficult to locate enough instructors for RI because many adults with children are in the workforce and are unable to be available for such instruction.
Posted by OzSpen, Saturday, 12 August 2017 5:35:03 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy