The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Labor Party boosts PLO plans to destroy Israel and Jordan > Comments

Labor Party boosts PLO plans to destroy Israel and Jordan : Comments

By David Singer, published 4/8/2017

A PLO-governed State located in the remaining 5% between Israel and Jordan represents a threat to both Jordan and IsraeL.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Dear Ilmessaggio,

«'love' is a wonderful thing as long as others are not being deprived because of it»

You are absolutely right.

So in the context of this discussion, do you consider my love for Israel and indifference toward the Palestinians as sinister? Would you rather see me supporting the Jewish settlers (whom I happen to hate) in order to prevent ordinary Palestinians from being ruled by their own cruel and corrupt regime?

And since we mentioned Rolls Royces, how about the following scenario: my neighbour likes to show off his Rolls Royce. Several times a day he parades his Rolls Royce in front of my house, revving it up to 200 decibels to the cheers of 100's of his followers who block the entrance to my house and won't let me pass through. To preserve my cherished peace and quiet, I enter his garage at night and puncture the tyres of his Rolls Royce.

So to your mind what's wrong with this picture?....because that's what people are seeing
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 4 August 2017 2:28:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm sure the whole PLO and even all Palestinians to boot, will feel energised to destroy nuclear armed Israel forthwith, having received the nod from that mighty international political force...not Trump's USA, not the UN Security Council, but

...the NSW Branch of the ALP.

Scary.
Posted by plantagenet, Friday, 4 August 2017 3:41:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
<<So in the context of this discussion, do you consider my love for Israel and indifference toward the Palestinians as sinister?>>

No I do not perceive your love for Israel as sinister, quite natural in fact.... the only problem is that Israel would not have existed had the Zionist movement not destabilised the British establishment in the territory and in turn dispossessed the Palestinians under the claim of holy rites
In which case there would not have been an Israel....for you to love
and there would not be the ongoing conflict.

Whatever is there, is there as consequence of past actions
It is not a question of who is more entitled because of....?
The way I see it it's a matter of a society being displaced for political reasons under the guise of religious belief.
You can't turn back the clock but the consequences will remain for quite some time.
The Palestinians are where they are because of their inability to become a cohesive entity but that doesn't give anyone the right to dispossess them, and we're talking, even to this present day.

It's either one law for all or no law for any.
Posted by ilmessaggio, Friday, 4 August 2017 5:00:18 PM
So David, at it again eh!

"An independent Arab State had already been established in 78% of former Palestine"

Well there you have it, problem solved, just revert back to the original 100% Palestinian State, no need for the illegally created state of Israel, send everyone back to Europe where they resided for centuries and the whole ugly experiment goes away.

As I stated on your last post:- I think I will channel a little George Bernard Shaw for you, only slightly modified for your special taste:

There are three concepts to describe the position of Zionists like you David! intelligence, decency, and Zionism. We can argue that if a person is intelligent, and a Zionist, he is not decent. If he is decent and a Zionist, he is not intelligent. And if he is decent and intelligent, he is not a Zionist.

In your case David, you are obviously not the latter of the three!
Posted by Geoff of Perth, Saturday, 5 August 2017 1:01:25 AM
At least nowadays thanks to the Internet, via which a lot of information and news that the strongly Zionist influenced mainstream media will not publish, grubby details about the Zionist Settler State in Occupied Palestine are getting more publicity than ever before. it seems the more most people find out about them, the less they want to support it. The lobby led by America Israel Public Affairs Committee in the US, which has most Federal politicians under its influence supports the right wind extremist policies in Israel more than its Jewish citizens overall do. Hopefully this will not last as younger American Jews are less sympathetic to the Israeli Zionist regime and much more to the Palestinians than older ones.

The Labor Party in Australia is helping recognition of what has been going on. Note that possibly the area in Australia where support for Israel would be strongest is Malcolm Turnbull's electorate, with the highest proportion of residents identifying themselves as Jewish.
Posted by mox, Saturday, 5 August 2017 10:42:32 AM
For the objective context behind this NSW resolution see the maps at http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/mapstellstory.html. Scroll through all of the maps.

The maps make it totally clear that the racist rogue state of Israel should never have been imposed on Palestine by foreign colonialists and should be dismantled, with inhabitants of Israel born outside it made to return to their points of origin and the stolen land returned to its pre-Nakba owners.

This would be in keeping with the decolonisation that engulfed Africa with the collapse of the other European empires after the war.

How the resulting state of Palestine ran its affairs would be its own business, subject to international law that applies to all nations.

There's a lesson for America in this: cut off the Israeli tail that's wagging the American dog.
Posted by EmperorJulian, Monday, 7 August 2017 12:50:59 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy