The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Democracy keeps failing so maybe it’s time we try logicracy > Comments

Democracy keeps failing so maybe it’s time we try logicracy : Comments

By Mark Manolopoulos, published 1/8/2017

Trump’s electoral success and ongoing shenanigans proves beyond doubt the failure of contemporary democracy - so here’s a possible alternative.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Mark:
Democracy is the worst form of government, but better than all the rest! Quote, unquote. (Winston Churchill)

Democracy seems to fail sometimes, because all of the people can be fooled some of the time, some of the people all the time, but never all the people all the time!?

I've read where 30% of us, understand economics, another 30% understand politics, and the remaining 40% understanding neither, with the latter deciding all elections!

Something tells me, things have got to get worse in the USofA. Before they get better.

Someday, not too far ahead in time, some Leader? A real one, not the current, I believe, big noting counterfeit pretender and six times bankrupt!?

Will stop trying to fool the gormless and just roll out the very Keynesian economics that not only dragged us and them out of the bottomless depths of the Great Depression, but ushered in a period of unprecedented prosperity!

And attacked and systematically dismantled by fundamentally flawed conservative idealogues, given that conflicted with their master servant based ideological imperatives, and unwound over the years with various versions of Reaganomics and Thatcherism!

That said, no other system guarantees human rights and accountability! And both at the same time.

I've heard it said by one well reported political figure, of far right persuasion?

That America wasn't a democracy, but a republic!

Go figure?

What's next coming from this disingenuous, vexatious Author's frivolous pen?

A theocracy? A dictatorship by another name?

And what's in store if we're ever foolish enough to allow dogma and ideology, to replace reason and logic!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 1 August 2017 6:05:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
But we have no wise elites.

These two essays describe why both democracy and "civilization (such as it was) have both inevitably failed.
The first essay was written prior to the inevitable collapse of the European communist states.
http:///www.beezone.com/da_publications/coopdoub.html

Plus other essays connected to the above reference describe the situation too.
http://www.sacredcamelgardens.com/literature/reality-humanity.php
This set of 100 or so brief summary points describe the situation we are in. http://www.dabase.org/notp1.htm
As do the essays featured on this site:
http://www.beezone.com/news.html

Meanwhile look at the bottom-feeding swamp-dwellers that now infest the White House in the USA. Of course many of runners "conservative" religionists were (and are) very enthusiastic about the orange-haired BLOB.
Posted by Daffy Duck, Tuesday, 1 August 2017 6:17:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
At first I didn't like this article, he dissed Trump and mischaracterised many of those issues, but once I finished reading it and took it all in, I decided that I did like it after all.

A man with Greek ancestry (the founders of democracy) reminding us of Plato's 'The Republic' and talking about a 'Blueprint for a Better Global Society', away from the mess the world currently exists in today.
Arguing the 'Pro's and Con's' of things on a logical basis isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I think democracy has numerous fatal flaws but I don't wish to go into all of them.

The author pinpoints education: uneducated, undereducated, miseducated, but that's only half the problem.
The other half of the problem he mentioned in his opening but failed to mention it's significance.
The media.

I see something new coming that will stop the corporate media lies and put an emphasis back on real investigative journalism and the facts.

Soon, the internet will get just that little bit more organised, and fact based news and independent jornalism platforms will start to appear via organised crowdsourced means.
I can see this as the natural progression of attacking the alternative media and of them having to change, and of technology better employed and used to collaborate news facts by the citizens themselves, and of the people fed up with a lying and untrustworthy media.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 1 August 2017 8:34:29 PM
Watch out! The universities have in recent times gone stark raving mad.
With all their left trendy machinations they have become the home of
unstable thinkers.
Meanwhile the rest of us in the real world have to get on with fixing
all the problems and debrainwashing our children.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 7 August 2017 3:15:04 PM
This article has -got- to be written tongue in cheek.
Im reminded of that final scene in Dr Stangelove when nuclear holocaust is about to happen and the plan is to save the best specimens of mankind in mines to hopefully establish a new world at a later date. The scene is in the war room with all the top military and other high government officials. They all look at each other knowing they will nominate themselves as members of the elite needed to be saved.
Posted by Edward Carson, Wednesday, 9 August 2017 8:55:26 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy